[Event] Fedhealth MTB Challenge

Events Bot

Event Name: Fedhealth MTB Challenge
When: 4 September 2016
Where: Meerendal Wine Estate, Durbanville, Western Cape
Category: MTB

On the weekend of 3 to 4 September, the picturesque Meerendal Wine Estate near Cape Town would have shrugged off its winter coat and once more be geared up to welcome fitness fanatics and families alike to the 2016 Fedhealth MTB Challenge, held in association with Stillwater Sports.

The occasion includes an array of activities to ensure a great family-style ‘breakaway from the everyday’. From the main mountain bike race sweeping through breath-taking trails and a specially designed kiddies event, to gourmet food vendors, delicious wines, massage zones, unbelievably high-value goodie-bags and giveaways for entrants, plus loads of lucky draws and prizes to be doled out on the day.

With all of this happening under sunny South African skies and amidst an unbeatable atmosphere, the 2016 Fedhealth MTB Challenge promises to once again be an affair to remember!

Event Details

Date: 3 September 2016 (Kiddies races) / 4 September 2016 (Adult races)

Venue: Durbanville, Western Cape

Distances: +-15km Fun Race, +-35km (Half Marathon) & +-65km (Marathon)

Start Times:

+/-15km (Fun Race): 09h00

+/-35km (Half Marathon): 08h00

+/- 65km (Full Marathon): 08h30

Pre-Entries Open: 8th June 2016

Entries Close: MIDNIGHT 1 September 2016/ ENTRY MAX IS REACHED

ALL FEDHEALTH MEMBERS CAN ENTER FOR FREE!

Your entry gets you:

• All entrants will receive a goodie bag, including cycling socks and entry into a lucky draw to win one of three vouchers worth R5 000 each to spend at a cycling shop
  • PLUS! The first 1 000 entrants will also receive a free event t-shirt
  • Free massage after the event with the Fedhealth Muscle Menders in the Fedhealth Zone
  • Access to the Fedhealth Kids Zone with a jumping castle, movies, child minders and a
  • Fedhealth Kids Zone water bottle
  • Food trucks, wine and live entertainment

If you’re a Fedhealth member, you also get:

• Fedhealth VIP registration
  • Access to the Fedhealth VIP Zone for complimentary drinks and snacks

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me a bit of info or a description of the 15km route?

Seems crazy, i know, given that its a fun ride, but have entered the missus and it will be her first cycling race of any kind, and want to make sure she knows what to expect.

Its also 3 weeks before our wedding and shes very keen to have her front teeth in tact for the big day...

• 2 weeks later...

It's all there on the site... A route description and everything.

I'm entered.

Last weekend of elastic stretching with the partner before Lesotho Sky.

plus minus 62km with 1800 m elevation is a pretty good day out!

• 3 weeks later...

Is the 62+/- 1800m race overly difficult? Been riding a while, will be my first ever event/race. Giant Trance so no XC light racer but wondering if I should do the half or full. Looked at the route and website just wondering what people who have done it before have to say? Thanks

Is the 62+/- 1800m race overly difficult? Been riding a while, will be my first ever event/race. Giant Trance so no XC light racer but wondering if I should do the half or full. Looked at the route and website just wondering what people who have done it before have to say? Thanks

I think the 65km will be tough - Tygerberg trails not overly technical but you will have to be fit as there will be lots of climbing, so fitness wise it will be one of the tougher 60km races out there.

If it is your first ever race and you are uncertain I would suggest go for the half marathon

Thanks very much for the info. Did some research on the routes and went out today for a mtb ride my side. 40km 1400m elevation and felt strong. Swapped out the 34 oval to 30T and worked well. Going to give the 65er a try. Cheers for the reply 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the race pack. First time doing the 65.See you out there on Sun. I will be hitting the chicken runs and will stick to the left to let you all pass. Be lekker.Good luck ladies and gents.

I am quite excited to see what is in the goody bag..

As a fedhealth member it looks like they look after us pretty well.

If the jersey is anything like the one represented in the image I am excited! It looks like a super bright color pallet vomited on some fabric! RAD!

Looking forward to the race though. Nothing too difficult but the climbing legs will need to be fully engaged.

See you fellas out there.... 

Picked up the race pack. First time doing the 65.See you out there on Sun. I will be hitting the chicken runs and will stick to the left to let you all pass. Be lekker.Good luck ladies and gents.

No worries Ferro, my first 65 also..see you on the left

I am quite excited to see what is in the goody bag..

As a fedhealth member it looks like they look after us pretty well.

If the jersey is anything like the one represented in the image I am excited! It looks like a super bright color pallet vomited on some fabric! RAD!

Looking forward to the race though. Nothing too difficult but the climbing legs will need to be fully engaged.

See you fellas out there.... 

Gees dude you have no idea what VIP treatment & privileges you guys will be getting at this event. I'm actually jealous.

Gees dude you have no idea what VIP treatment & privileges you guys will be getting at this event. I'm actually jealous.

I see VIP parking as well as food and drinks... Looks like they really have thrown everything at the members.

The thing is, they also offer pretty decent medical aid so it is win win in my books.....

I wonder if they will start incorporating this sort of thing into the x-terra series and other Fedhealth events down the line..... One can only hope!