headphones for the trainer

rudi-h

Don't get Razers - they are basically the gaming equivalent brand of Beats. Now if you ask: what's wrong with Beats? Nothing much, except you pay way too much for the sound and build quality.

But: earphones for the outdoors - WITH noise cancelling? I suppose this can be like the helmet thread: your safety is your choice. If you havr to cycke wiyh earphones rather get something without noise cancelling so you'll hear when a car approaches, when another cyclist wants to overtake, when you have some tech issue, etc, etc

I find that the newer models have improved greatly over the previous ones. I had huge issues with their earbuds falling apart and the drivers start to distort audio. The latest model I got in a warranty claim from them and it is the best buds I've had to date, plus not expensive if compared with skullcandy and the rest.

So I did manage to get hold of some Bose in-ear headphones (not bluetooth, has a cable and a jack) from OR Tambo duty free for R1.7k.  A treat, must be the best ones i've ever had and from the feel and quality of the cables etc. I think these will last me a lifetime.

You shouldn't be cycling outdoors with headphones in my opinion...

For spinning I have been using Yurbud focus 100 Ironman edition earphones, work well, don't slip/move, have not been drowned by sweat(I have killed earphones with sweat plenty) and they won't break the bank.

hence my question, "something that you can still hear what is going on around you"

To be honoust, the wind makes more noise in my ears than the music, and I can perfectly speak to and hear everyone in the training group while listening to background music. But thanks for the concern :thumbup:

hence my question, "something that you can still hear what is going on around you"

To be honoust, the wind makes more noise in my ears than the music, and I can perfectly speak to and hear everyone in the training group while listening to background music. But thanks for the concern :thumbup:

I have not used them personally but they are designed for this purpose.

https://aftershokz.com/collections/wireless/products/trekz-titanium?variant=7698365569

• 2 months later...

Archived