Africa Cycle Fair 2016?

awesme

Agreee

In the end we want a dedicated Bike fair. and that only happens if all the brands/vendors see a good attendance.

G

Come guys, support the event.

It like R75 bucks, go take a walk around. These things only grow if they get supported.

Take the kids there on Sat, better than sitting at home watching rugby.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if you will be able to test ride some bikes. There are tracks at the school, but lwith all the races being held, there wont be an opportunity to test ride?

Come guys, support the event.

It like R75 bucks, go take a walk around. These things only grow if they get supported.

Take the kids there on Sat, better than sitting at home watching rugby.

if you Pre-enter ( Buy online) you can get a buy-one-get-one-free 3 day pass

Unfortunately they don't seem to have taken on board or appreciated the feedback from previous events.
Very little, if any communication and almost no reply to media queries. Quite frankly they seem to have lost a lot of traction with both the public and industry, it shows in the exhibitor programme. 

Truly believe the event has huge potential and the location is fantastic, they have to up the communication, marketing and general strategy though. Start by listening to feedback.
Hope to be there this weekend to at least to support, it needs an overhaul though.

if you Pre-enter ( Buy online) you can get a buy-one-get-one-free 3 day pass

Did the same, dont know when i will go through. Will go and support the event at least

Unfortunately they don't seem to have taken on board or appreciated the feedback from previous events.

Very little, if any communication and almost no reply to media queries. Quite frankly they seem to have lost a lot of traction with both the public and industry, it shows in the exhibitor programme. 

Truly believe the event has huge potential and the location is fantastic, they have to up the communication, marketing and general strategy though. Start by listening to feedback.

Hope to be there this weekend to at least to support, it needs an overhaul though.

Agreed, they need to listen to suggestions.

What were the suggestions that you sent them?

I wonder if you will be able to test ride some bikes. There are tracks at the school, but lwith all the races being held, there wont be an opportunity to test ride?

Test rode the Pyga Stage there last year...other than that it wasn't particularly WOW. Depends what you looking for I suppose...

I was there the day the "Evan - Dodgy tire sale" thread started....the Hub went mental that day!

Agreed, they need to listen to suggestions.

What were the suggestions that you sent them?

A few areas, better engagement with media in general, not just generic emailers.

Activations on Peter Rd and Jan Smuts to drive foot traffic through the event.

Better signage directions to the venue within St Stithians itself.

More open ended marketing campaign, not just street signs and sponsored FB posts.

Have some personalities/athletes make an appearance, not just a ride along the Spruit with a few Standard Bank employees. 

Have one or two days prior to the event as industry days before opening to the public. Similar to other trade shows. 

These could set a great foundation for this event to be the continent's own trade show for the public and industry. As well as Standard Bank seeing some real return, can't imagine the AVEs are very high.

Easy to make suggestions when not being involved I know, but it's annoying when feedback is requested and it doesn't appear to be acknowledged. Especially after committing a lot resources into exhibiting. 

Test rode the Pyga Stage there last year...other than that it wasn't particularly WOW. Depends what you looking for I suppose...

I was there the day the "Evan - Dodgy tire sale" thread started....the Hub went mental that day!

Where is this Thread?.... I have only heard of it but never seen it

Where is this Thread?.... I have only heard of it but never seen it

Got deleted....think it nearly crashed their servers!

Look up the Lift Selfie thread as a kinda follow on from the Evan thread.

Hope it's worthwhile on Saturday. Really hoped to take a Pyga 110-29 for a spin but with Pyga not there and the races on all Saturday...

A few areas, better engagement with media in general, not just generic emailers.

Activations on Peter Rd and Jan Smuts to drive foot traffic through the event.

Better signage directions to the venue within St Stithians itself.

More open ended marketing campaign, not just street signs and sponsored FB posts.

Have some personalities/athletes make an appearance, not just a ride along the Spruit with a few Standard Bank employees.

Have one or two days prior to the event as industry days before opening to the public. Similar to other trade shows.

These could set a great foundation for this event to be the continent's own trade show for the public and industry. As well as Standard Bank seeing some real return, can't imagine the AVEs are very high.

Easy to make suggestions when not being involved I know, but it's annoying when feedback is requested and it doesn't appear to be acknowledged. Especially after committing a lot resources into exhibiting.

These seem like great suggestions! ????????????????

Would be a pity if they don't take good feedback like this into account.

Archived