Do I really need a new bike...

ebenvn

As a weak-willed person who has recently been faced with a similar question, I can tell you that the answer is yes.

And if you can't afford it, sell a kidney or child. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eben, Coming from Belgium, you could hire a bike here... That way you would save on Flying the bike out here, and worrying about it while you fly. 

Eben, Coming from Belgium, you could hire a bike here... That way you would save on Flying the bike out here, and worrying about it while you fly. 

That Sir is bad advice. Joberg2C is not a one day classic.

Make sure you train in the bike you will ride or you are very likely to end up with injuries and not finish.

That Sir is bad advice. Joberg2C is not a one day classic.

Make sure you train in the bike you will ride or you are very likely to end up with injuries and not finish.

Freak... It looks like I am full of bad advice this week.

Recently I had a very similar conversation with a friend of mine -also a hubber when I was planning to buy a new vehicle.  His reply was a youtube link - here:

For me though, bikes are different, and I feel that you should be on the bike that you want - within reason.

If you are a beginner, or have a tight budget, hang tight and ride the best bike you can afford, or the one you have.  If and when you get good/outgrow and need a new bike based on out-skilling your bike's abilities, or if your wallet is too small for your R200 notes and your diamond shoes are too tight, get the bike you want to be on - and watch the clip again...

Or you could buy a Pyga and have a SA brand bike when your back in Belgium.

Could strike up some interesting conversations when your out riding.  

I've thought about that as well! How do you find th bigger wheels? Any clearance issues (with mud?)?

On that particular bike (2010 Epic Comp) no problem at all!

On that particular bike (2010 Epic Comp) no problem at all!

Great - thanks man. Will look into getting a nice set of Hope/ZTRs....