Those elusive components!

MJ the Expat

You know what I am talking about?

You need that one special component that will be like the cherry on top for your ride...but flippit, they are like a missing sock!

Right now I am looking for a red 160mm rotor that will not brake (sic) the bank...I can get affordable 140, 180 and 203 in red. Aaaaand 160mm in red....for R1500 per rotor.

I bought an affordable one from CRC with a few other bits earlier this year...but it squeals!

Tsk.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eish. Know the feeling. I've been on the lookout for a silver (and/or black) seatpost clamp. Not QR. Not bulky. They do exist, but apparently not in SA-Land.

Like this

http://www.bike-discount.de/media/org/orgb_F/orgid_155/thumbs/143038_1702964.jpg

You need that one special component that will be like the cherry on top for your ride...but flippit, they are like a missing sock!

Right now I am looking for a red 160mm rotor that will not brake (sic) the bank...I can get affordable 140, 180 and 203 in red. Aaaaand 160mm in red....for R1500 per rotor.

I bought an affordable one from CRC with a few other bits earlier this year...but it squeals!

Tsk.

I can send you one. For free.

Edit. Sorry it is 180.

I am looking for a 2017 Canondale Si Black Inc. to attach to my Shimano 520 Padals ( Cause, those bikes come without pedals) , But i can't find one anywhere for under R20,000 !?!?!?!

Try finding classic Campagnolo bits and you will learn the true meaning of the word 'elusive". (Things like C-record and Nuovo Record groupsets, Master and Arabesque frames.)

For those elusive Campy bits try www.campybike.com or ebay.

THere are some amazing things out there if you know what you are looking for.

Tsk.

I have a box full of 160mm rotors as I ride 180. YOu want one?

I have a 2008 Raleigh LTD.

The hangar broke, which costs at most R200. I couldn't find one that fits for a while, so that would have cost me a new frame. But then luckily Tony Impey Cycles came to teh rescue for R180. I was SO relieved. saved me about R18,820

I have a 2008 Raleigh LTD.

The hangar broke, which costs at most R200. I couldn't find one that fits for a while, so that would have cost me a new frame. But then luckily Tony Impey Cycles came to teh rescue for R180. I was SO relieved. saved me about R18,820

There are companies that make any derailleur hanger, old or new. I got one from E-Bay for an oldish Litespeed. Couple of hundred bucks, no hassle, better than the original. 

For those elusive Campy bits try www.campybike.com or ebay.

THere are some amazing things out there if you know what you are looking for.

I know, but often my wallet (or my stingy genes) just won't play the game. :(

Eish. Know the feeling. I've been on the lookout for a silver (and/or black) seatpost clamp. Not QR. Not bulky. They do exist, but apparently not in SA-Land.

Like this

http://www.bike-discount.de/media/org/orgb_F/orgid_155/thumbs/143038_1702964.jpg

Size ?

post-50-0-03429300-1469603835_thumb.jpeg

A used rear bottom suspension arm/bracket for a Giant Trance seems to be that. Looks like I have no choice but to get a new one. 

In my case, had a crash, scratched my rear Campy skewer quite nicely and am trying to replace the 1. Cheapest price so far is R1000...

I can send you one. For free.

Edit. Sorry it is 180.

I might be interested, could you send me a pic?

Archived