Toptube bags - Are they legal?

AdamA

#chamois cream ...... just sayin

We're not suggesting four skins per Nutbag. There will be no danger of four skins needing chamois cream.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Toptube Bags legal? When attaching one to your bike do you have to hand in your Man Card?

I have one, but have only fitted it to my wife's bike and places tissues, energy bars inside, lipice and sun-screen inside.

What are the rules regarding these.

banjo-brothers-top-tube-bag-01062-stock.

simple answer, let your wife carry your spares............

Yes, but only after missing 3 wizz tests and getting a 5th in Rio.

But that was a win - she said so!

Anyway, after paying for your ride at PWC you can do stage 2 at Heia Safari/Cradle Moon/Dottville of whatever...

It doesn't matter where you put the water, whether on your back or on the bike, it's the same weight.

Debatable, I am yet to find a camelbak on the side of a trail, yet I have found countless water bottles, therefor to me it matters. 600 odd grams of fluid hinging on two 5 mm bolts cant be good for your frame bombing down a hill.

It doesn't matter where you put the water, whether on your back or on the bike, it's the same weight.

But if you want to get technical, the water on the bike is probably better for your total center of gravity [emoji106]

Agreed.

Debatable, I am yet to find a camelbak on the side of a trail, yet I have found countless water bottles, therefor to me it matters. 600 odd grams of fluid hinging on two 5 mm bolts cant be good for your frame bombing down a hill.

So Camelbaks are better for weight distribution because they dont fall off like bottles? Two different points dude.

So Camelbaks are better for weight distribution because they dont fall off like bottles? Two different points dude.

likewise, 50kg on 1 12mm thread on each side of the bb "can't be good for the frame crank"

No, but they have saved my useless butt when I've OTB'ed onto my back on more than one occasion. But I'm just a wuss.

likewise, 50kg on 1 12mm thread on each side of the bb "can't be good for the frame crank"

No, but they have saved my useless butt when I've OTB'ed onto my back on more than one occasion. But I'm just a wuss.

They were talking about the issue of weight placement, have a looksie above.

Not about the other factors.

I know. But then went into it being held on by "2 small 5mm bolts"

That's why I politely replied 'No, but...' in support before I careened off course...

Please people we are having a serious discussion here .

When it changes from 'toptube' to 'tube top', it may be considered serious...

Amazing how quickly two little bolts can derail a good thread!

When a bad thread screws up your bolts it's far worse.

http://www.butterfliesandbikinis.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/s/ls78t15_htp_mx28c15_htp_1kkk_1.jpg

http://www.butterfliesandbikinis.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/s/ls78t15_htp_mx28c15_htp_1kkk_1.jpg
When my babe decided to pose for that picture, I was upset...

... so they got that girl.

Archived