Broken chain stay on TREK Gary Fisher hifi pro 2011

Muel

HI wise ones,

i have a TREK Gary Fisher hifi pro 2011 model and have found a severe crack on the chain stay. Its bad enough that you can flex it and it opens.

I bought the bike second hand so dont have a warranty. 

Have dropped the bike off at Cycle lab who are trying to find a replacement but from other forums i see its very difficult to find. 

Does anyone have any advice or has had the same problem with no warranty and can shed light on a positive outcome.

Thanks,

HI wise ones,

i have a TREK Gary Fisher hifi pro 2011 model and have found a severe crack on the chain stay. Its bad enough that you can flex it and it opens.

I bought the bike second hand so dont have a warranty. 

Have dropped the bike off at Cycle lab who are trying to find a replacement but from other forums i see its very difficult to find. 

Does anyone have any advice or has had the same problem with no warranty and can shed light on a positive outcome.

Thanks,

Solomons in woodmead have rear triangles in stock... go fetch your frame and take it there.

Call Cliff at Cycleart if you are in Jo'burg or Bogus if in Cape Town. They may be able to repair

Ampandy could probably weld it for you - there is an example of his work here if you search.

Ampandy could probably weld it for you - there is an example of his work here if you search.

Ahhh, not carbon then.......

Solomons in woodmead have rear triangles in stock... go fetch your frame and take it there.

Legend, thanks very much. Ive called them and they have stock but he's not sure which one will fit and if the colour matches. But its a great start.

That is good, I was there (Solomons) a couple weeks back and saw they had an old 2008 Gary Fisher HiFi Pro carbon...I had one around that time and loved the bike.

A stay can always be painted to match...

Thanks Nerd,

they had two of the exact chain stay i needed and brand new(R2.5k) Bike sorted and sold! 

Thanks Nerd,

they had two of the exact chain stay i needed and brand new(R2.5k) Bike sorted and sold!

Glad I could help!

Archived