Contego Segment Hunter #3: The battle for Cape Cobra

Contego Segment Hunter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so how is the zef tyre going?

Going very well. Love it. It rolls well, grips superbly when leaned over and has surprisingly good traction on the climbs - even wet & loose climbs it eats for breakfast. 

Is obviously a bit loose when things get rowdy, but I like that. You're able to set up for corners very well. 

Sidewalls are stronger than the Onza FRC, and the rubber is nice and grippy. Would recommend this and the Rock Razor for pretty much all conditions. 

Going very well. Love it. It rolls well, grips superbly when leaned over and has surprisingly good traction on the climbs - even wet & loose climbs it eats for breakfast. 

Is obviously a bit loose when things get rowdy, but I like that. You're able to set up for corners very well. 

Sidewalls are stronger than the Onza FRC, and the rubber is nice and grippy. Would recommend this and the Rock Razor for pretty much all conditions. 

so no folding carcass / sidewall as on a std control casing when running lower pressures. .... and being ridden by a "big boned rider"?

so no folding carcass / sidewall as on a std control casing when running lower pressures. .... and being ridden by a "big boned rider"?

No. Well, yes. But that's cos I had it at 15psi for some stupid reason. Must have been a slightly leaky valve or a small imperfection in the seal. And even then, it wasn't overly rolly. 

At 25PSI - not a hint. Not as burly as the Super Gravity casings, but hardly anything is.