Bicycle Insurance

AdriaanT

Both on the same policy? Seems strange that there is a such a difference in price. Most pricing is based on sum insured.

Maybe check your clauses, there could be different cover types here.

Probably a versioning issue, especially if the items were added at different times to the policy

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with King Price on their R1 insurance. I claimed for a cracked frame a while ago which they replaced at R42k. The process took about 1.5 months, but was handled quite professionally.

That's about a month longer than I thought would be acceptable. But then for R1 it probably buys a lot of patience. Did you delay the process at all? Or was it all KP?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Do you use that "insure your bike R1" deal?

No, the insured value more then 50k.

They told me it would take 5-7 days to sort out claim.

Hopefully it won’t be 5-7 weeks.

Two rides a year was all I needed to keep up with Theunis at the DC  :ph34r:

And keep up you did! On topic: cyclesure has an option to insure 2 bikes for 1 user, but the price drop is not really worth it.

So my claim was settled yesterday. :thumbup:

The reason for dragging was confirming ownership and value of bicycle/ damage. 

Also, I was assured that should there be any claims in future, it would be much easier/ quicker as all information was verified.

They also asked of me to understand that there's a lot of fraudulent cases which i do.

So the outcome, King Price not to bad. Househould, garmin and R110 000 bicycle cover for R600 a month. 

Please make sure everything on your side is in order as it's a full on interrogation!

I'm happy :clap:  

Two rides a year was all I needed to keep up with Theunis at the DC  :ph34r:

Edited by FirstV8

In 2010 i had a 1982 Fiat Uno stolen . It was fully restored  and was as good as new . I kad insured it for R25K as replacement value . They first came along with a figure of R5k less excess as the car does not come up on the second hand book ( dont know proper name ) I fought them for 9 months and eventually got t my R25k less excess. I had to jump through many hoops but fortunately had all documentation of parts and work done on it .  

So my claim was settled yesterday. :thumbup:

The reason for dragging was confirming ownership and value of bicycle/ damage.

Also, I was assured that should there be any claims in future, it would be much easier/ quicker as all information was verified.

They also asked of me to understand that there's a lot of fraudulent cases which i do.

So the outcome, King Price not to bad. Househould, garmin and R110 000 bicycle cover for R600 a month.

Please make sure everything on your side is in order as it's a full on interrogation!

I'm happy :clap:

That's good to hear!!