Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My PB is 2:53, shame full if you look at strava.

dude that's a fairly respectable time on a fs 29r.

I used to ride my rigid ht 29r there. Avg time I think was about 2:50ish

Only just broken 2:30 (on my road bike) 2 weeks ago... But was proper f@rked after. And swore I wouldn't go back again....but then I always say it. Few weeks later,same old same old.

There are some proper fast times round there, it makes the mind boggle.

Edited by Pikey

And then you get the folk who do 2 laps... :eek: one day, perhaps before the end of the year...

ha ha I had that idea a few weeks ago untill I got to the far gate and knew there was not a hope in hell of doing a 2nd lap. Got a long way to go before I am there . The thought of doing the last climb the 2nd time around is just to much. At this point anyway ????

First time i rode SBR i suffered from cramps and couldn't finish that last big climb. Second time round i managed to finish but still have a lot of room for improvement. Next goal is to do a sub 3 hour , i know its going to hurt

And then you get the folk who do 2 laps... :eek: one day, perhaps before the end of the year...

And the guys who cycle there , do a lap or 2 and then cycle back . When i'm finished with 1 lap the last thing i would want to do is still ride home.

And the guys who cycle there , do a lap or 2 and then cycle back . When i'm finished with 1 lap the last thing i would want to do is still ride home.

Will attempt the double before the end of this year

Done the loop a few times - great training and very safe as far as traffic is concerned.

Does anybody know if there is some MTB trails in the reserve

There used to be a MTB trail a few years back I think but it wasn't maintained / a focus of theirs as far as I know. At the moment id say that there aren't any MTB trails. Stand to be corrected?

Absolutely love SBR,sufferfest of note,especially at the beginning and the end with those 2xkiller climbs. This is currently my best time on a 29" duel susser.attachicon.gifimage.png

Dude huge respect on a mnt bike ???? With that time ???????? Edited by Pikey

i have cycled there from Alberton,did a short lap and got the wife to fetch me after. Total 92km....Oh the shame ???????????? Edited by Pikey

Riding there on Sat I thought i saw a pool of blood in the middle of the road crossing one of the bridges. I hope is was someones energy drink...

Riding there on Sat I thought i saw a pool of blood in the middle of the road crossing one of the bridges. I hope is was someones energy drink...

Probably not. Bleeding from the eyes......

Or if it was someone's energy drink, it had been partially digested?  :whistling: