94.7 start times

SP777

Aiming for sub 3:30.

Sub 3 is going to be pretty close to impossible from there I think.

For the record, what I meant by "get something going there" is get a group to try work together. Always better to suffer with others ;)

Ok I also have designs on a sub 3:30 but wasn't sure if it was realistic or not. I know I can do it in a group but might be touch and go on my own. 

So I'm in. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I also have designs on a sub 3:30 but wasn't sure if it was realistic or not. I know I can do it in a group but might be touch and go on my own. 

So I'm in. 

Awesome.

Hopefully a few more will join us, at least having a small bunch to work together will lighten the load.

If you want to fall back to L and join us you're more than welcome - it's only 10 minutes later

how many are going back to L at this point? Any idea ?

If you want to fall back to L and join us you're more than welcome - it's only 10 minutes later

I'm also in J batch and aiming for a sub 3:30 - so if we can work together to achieve this then great, my only issue with falling back is I am a slow starter (think Diesel engine) so will probably not be able to keep up with the group at the start. If the "group" can be easily identified I can latch on when you come pass me, this however is a little bit of a hit and miss affair especially with the amount of people doing the race

Re identifying one another, last year's I-Team rode with cable ties with yellow stickers on their helmets. It worked pretty well - perhaps do a search for more detail?

I'm also in J batch and aiming for a sub 3:30 - so if we can work together to achieve this then great, my only issue with falling back is I am a slow starter (think Diesel engine) so will probably not be able to keep up with the group at the start. If the "group" can be easily identified I can latch on when you come pass me, this however is a little bit of a hit and miss affair especially with the amount of people doing the race

When we tried the I team thing last year we struggled to even get everybody to find each other at the start (there landed up being 2 or 3 groups of people in the start chute), I think it will be much harder to try find a group or individual on the move.

Last year everybody in the I team had cable ties with stickers on their helmets, which was quite difficult to spot. We probably also got over ambitious trying to have such a huge group stick together.

When we tried the I team thing last year we struggled to even get everybody to find each other at the start (there landed up being 2 or 3 groups of people in the start chute), I think it will be much harder to try find a group or individual on the move.

Last year everybody in the I team had cable ties with stickers on their helmets, which was quite difficult to spot. We probably also got over ambitious trying to have such a huge group stick together.

would of thought a meeting place on route not far from the start then everybody follows and parks toghther . Thereby avoiding the mayhem before the start ?

Need to try do 95km and 1000m in under 3hr by yourself in training as a gauge for the 94.7

Most sub 3ers I have spoken to said that if you can't do it on your own in 3hr then you wont go sub 3 even with a group as you will burn out before and drop back meaning going over 3hr again.

Means a 3hr 100km ride with plenty climbing training - they say you should do something similar at least once before the actual race. I will gauge my Shova and Carnival City race performances and hopefully go into 94.7 confident as I think confidence is also key.

With 3:30 last year I have to do it this year....

Not so sure I agree with this. When I do 100km rides by myself I usually dont manage much more than a 30-33km/h average speed but last year did a 2h34 at the 947 from C batch working with a small group of about 8 guys that swelled towards the end us we picked up some other riders that had fallen off the other groups. So I really believe the group dynamic will help you a lot provided you can find a group with the right speed that doesn't push you too hard in the beginning.

Not so sure I agree with this. When I do 100km rides by myself I usually dont manage much more than a 30-33km/h average speed but last year did a 2h34 at the 947 from C batch working with a small group of about 8 guys that swelled towards the end us we picked up some other riders that had fallen off the other groups. So I really believe the group dynamic will help you a lot provided you can find a group with the right speed that doesn't push you too hard in the beginning.

tend to agree with this. My avg lone ride are 28-30km...only done 3 road races and all above 33.4 avg. so group dynamics is massive .

But the right group I think is key because we all have diffrent strengths .

Or should I say knowing what each others strengths are is key.

Edited by Pikey