Price point to sell damaged carbon road bike frame

Trawsaj

Hi guys

Looking for some advice. I damaged the downtube on my Deddacciai Gladiatore in Nov last year. I want to post it in the classifieds but have no idea what price.

Any idea what I'd be able to get?

Thanks

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't touch that frame with a 10-feet barge pole. I just don't think it is OK to sell a badly damaged carbon-frame to someone else if you yourself is not willing to risk your life on it.

But that is just me.

EDIT: added the 'don't'

Although a douchy move to sell a frame that's been insurance replaced, I guess you're fortunate that they are not demanding recovery. To this end, I'll offer you 2k. Think it over.

Ok to defraud the insurance company by selling their frame?? Bet you would feel different if someone sold something that belonged to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic came up recently.  That type of damage can be repaired quite successfully but not cheaply - I would guess at R2500 to R3000 without matching the paintwork.  I don't think there is much of a demand for repaired frames so best to sell it as is.  

Ok to defraud the insurance company by selling their frame?? Bet you would feel different if someone sold something that belonged to you.

You can't go around making assumptions and accusing him of fraud.

My frame was wrecked in an accident, I claimed it from insurance too. They told me to keep the frame as there was nothing they could do with it. Maybe that happened to him too.

You can't go around making assumptions and accusing him of fraud.

My frame was wrecked in an accident, I claimed it from insurance too. They told me to keep the frame as there was nothing they could do with it. Maybe that happened to him too.

You are quite right and I withdraw my comments, as long as he has told the insurance company that he is going to get thousands of rands for it and they are happy

Archived