PPA League

Pure Savage

Saw in the PPA news letter that there is a league for the 6 PPA summer events. (Every road event on calendar except 99er, Burger and CTCT) Where you get your own seeding for the event.

Great news!

Only draw back is there is a R600 registration for the league and then you pay the normal entry fee per event. Due to commitments and life, most of us can probably do 2/3 of the events. 

Just want to see the vibe from CT riders who plan to do league or not? If I was able to do 4/6 I would be keen, but as it stands I would be paying R500 per event. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the criteria per age category? ie just age? or seeding as well required?

Seeding A-C then then if you qualify, they put you in your age group in your own start before "A"

How much coughing and dying would be done with a seeding of C which i got last year but done no racing yet in that seeding group?

How much coughing and dying would be done with a seeding of C which i got last year but done no racing yet in that seeding group?

I think plenty. :P If you going to do all 6 races, its worth the fun to roll with the elites.

The pace for sub-vets & elites should be similar to A bunch - which is a massive jump from C in my experience.

Vets and below would be more manageable for a C rider.

If you see yourself as an A-bunch rider who just don't have the correct seeding yet, go for it. If C is reflective of your current ability my suggestion would be to stick with the alphabet soup groups a while longer. From personal experience getting dropped every time at the first big climb is not particularly enjoyable.

The pace for sub-vets & elites should be similar to A bunch - which is a massive jump from C in my experience.

Vets and below would be more manageable for a C rider.

If you see yourself as an A-bunch rider who just don't have the correct seeding yet, go for it. If C is reflective of your current ability my suggestion would be to stick with the alphabet soup groups a while longer. From personal experience getting dropped every time at the first big climb is not particularly enjoyable.

Thanks Skubarra.

Alphabet soup it is. :) 

I would have loved to enter, but my seeding dropped from D to F in last 3 month (wtf)... (No PPA events)

Emailed them regarding this as Vets is a-e, and my seeding is 0.24 into F group.. maybe i'm lucky and can squeeze me in

Saw in the PPA news letter that there is a league for the 6 PPA summer events. (Every road event on calendar except 99er, Burger and CTCT) Where you get your own seeding for the event.

Great news!

Only draw back is there is a R600 registration for the league and then you pay the normal entry fee per event. Due to commitments and life, most of us can probably do 2/3 of the events.

Just want to see the vibe from CT riders who plan to do league or not? If I was able to do 4/6 I would be keen, but as it stands I would be paying R500 per event.

they are crazy sitting on all that money & still want to milk the cow dry. How can WPCA run a race at R150-200 per race vs PPA's R500 per event.

I'm with BMCFAN...for now at least, will see closer to the time if I change my mind or if PPA change their rip off structure... Oops I meant pricing structure.

they are crazy sitting on all that money & still want to milk the cow dry. How can WPCA run a race at R150-200 per race vs PPA's R500 per event.

I'm with BMCFAN...for now at least, will see closer to the time if I change my mind or if PPA change their rip off structure... Oops I meant pricing structure.

Its a R600 registration for the league, if you do 6 events its 100 per event, plus the R200-250 per event. So its R350 per event to ride league. 

Thats why I said I would rather just mix it up in the soup as I can only do 2/3 events due to life commitments.

Any list on the prize money?

If there proper prize money been paid that softens the blow to the entry - even if you don't think you will win any off it. Kind of like playing the Lottery. Back in the day - like Y2K PPA league (Italian connection) were already paying the elites R1000.00 for a win and prize money was paid quite far down the results. In today's money I recon that's about R5000.00.

Otherwise understand this is PPA just trying to get guaranteed entry into their event and it's not about having proper league at all. Just using the more serious riders to fund the funrides.

Any list on the prize money?

If there proper prize money been paid that softens the blow to the entry - even if you don't think you will win any off it. Kind of like playing the Lottery. Back in the day - like Y2K PPA league (Italian connection) were already paying the elites R1000.00 for a win and prize money was paid quite far down the results. In today's money I recon that's about R5000.00.

Otherwise understand this is PPA just trying to get guaranteed entry into their event and it's not about having proper league at all. Just using the more serious riders to fund the funrides.

INDIVIDUAL PRIZE MONEY (per event x 6 events)

EL & u/23 R400/ R300/ R200

Junior men R300 / R150 / R100

Sub-vets R300/ R200/ R150

Vets R300/ R200/ R150

Racing ladies R250/ R150/ R100

Masters R250/ R150/ R100

Senior scholars, junior scholars and girls – no prize money as per CSA rules

So def not gonna make living from racing