So I bought this bike...Unhappiest day of my life.

DoubleJ

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are only 2-3 2nd hand dealers here on the hub,

from the OP

that should give us a small list

Ok, so in your estimation who are the 3 we can choose from?

Still not sure where the op has got so far, new frame but will that still leaves you with a front wheel that doesn't fit?

From my experience with dodgy dudes get the money back and run, the "new" frame or bike will end up taking weeks to arrive and then there'll be more issues and complications and eventually you'll end up losing your sanity, time and the bike will still be a wreck in some shape or form.

Your first problem was selling the KTM..

My first problem was not choosing to sit next to Hellen van den Berg in sub A when they told me to.

Story behind the story is this...As said before I sold my bike as I wanted to get something with a smaller frame... The bike I sold to buy the bike from him was a bike I financed and still paying it off....and he has already reminded me that I was not allowed to sell that bike. Which I'm still not sure if that was a threat as he told me he's an agent for the finance house... or just some general info.

So, to unpack this post -

1. Seller sells you a piece of crap;

2. Seller blackmails you into not enforcing your rights cos he has something on you.

Nice seller. Not

So, to unpack this post -

1. Seller sells you a piece of crap;

2. Seller blackmails you into not enforcing your rights cos he has something on you.

Nice seller. Not

Dwis. Yes :whistling:

Raait...update.

Looks like after the dealer read through my "kortverhaal op die Hub" as calls it, I was told that I'm getting refunded...in full nogal. So even when you guys think I wasn't taking any of your advice, I was.

He was very upset when I reminded him that I told him this morning I will NOT carry shipping costs to courier bike back to him....was then called a fokn skelm, but being so tired of this whole story that didn't even bother me as I gave him every opportunity to tell his side of the story here. I was then threatened again with the whole finance thing and was told that things are going to get ugly from here for me. Bike will be going back though. Really not an ideal situation because I really like the look and fit of that bike.

Still...and I'm sorry about this guys, I just feel that naming the shop will gain me nothing. I got my money back and although I would've liked to have a working bike, I guess it's good enough for me.

So if anyone hears of a medium Cube Reaction for sale let me know.... Please just check the bearings, brakes, fork and frame for cracks first ;)

Cheers

Raait...update.

Looks like after the dealer read through my "kortverhaal op die Hub" as calls it, I was told that I'm getting refunded...in full nogal. So even when you guys think I wasn't taking any of your advice, I was.

He was very upset when I reminded him that I told him this morning I will NOT carry shipping costs to courier bike back to him....was then called a fokn skelm, but being so tired of this whole story that didn't even bother me as I gave him every opportunity to tell his side of the story here. I was then threatened again with the whole finance thing and was told that things are going to get ugly from here for me. Bike will be going back though. Really not an ideal situation because I really like the look and fit of that bike.

Still...and I'm sorry about this guys, I just feel that naming the shop will gain me nothing. I got my money back and although I would've liked to have a working bike, I guess it's good enough for me.

So if anyone hears of a medium Cube Reaction for sale let me know.... Please just check the bearings, brakes, fork and frame for cracks first ;)

Cheers

Let me be the first to congratulate you!

Well done for taking our crap.

Well done for sticking to your modus operandi.

Well done for getting the result you did.

Hope you have learned a lesson and we all got taught one.

Hope you find your dream bike.

Let me be the first to congratulate you!

Well done for taking our crap.

Well done for sticking to your modus operandi.

Well done for getting the result you did.

Hope you have learned a lesson and we all got taught one.

Hope you find your dream bike.

Dankie Boerklong

I just wanted to be able to walk away from this with a clean conscience. Tick that box.

Asked DOUBLE J why he don't want to sent the bike back after he is refund in full.

His words "wat moet ek maak met jou adres? Ek kon nie onthou dat ek gese het ek gaan fiets vir jou terug stuur nie.Ek het wel ge se ek sal uit my eie gaan enen dit terugvat waar ekdit opgetel het......jy moet maar self reel van daar af"

I would refund him in the first place if he asked me for a refund but everytime when there was something wrong he said he wants the bike,he loves the bike.

I'm happy to get the bike back, I love CUBE BIKES. IF I GET IT BACK.

Well lookie lookie who it is....

I asked you for a refund and you said I must put back all the old parts then pay for the courier fees and you will refund me R13 500...which is not what I paid you for the piece of crap you sent me.

?

​.

And by the way.... That's not a Cube bike, it's a broken Cube frame with a mix bag of parts on it.

?

​.

appropriate name that... Connie.... hope you don't con any more Hubbers... in fact I recommend you don't or we might set Harryn on you... and in the words of a dippy Hubber... "that f...ers a bulldog..."

Go in peace my friend- just go...

Well let's just hope Connie keeps to his word from here on and sets things right without any further complications.

We all make mistakes, it's how you fix them that counts.

Well done to DoubleJ for not posting the shop name, nothing good would have come from it for either party involved.

Im sure neither side is overly happy but at least the correct outcome was reached.

Archived