So I bought this bike...Unhappiest day of my life.

DoubleJ

DoubleJ, cut your losses, return the bike and get your money back. It's a hotchpotch of parts on a potentially cracked frame.

No offence, but that bike isn't worth the hassle.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DoubleJ, cut your losses, return the bike and get your money back. It's a hotchpotch of parts on a potentially cracked frame.

No offence, but that bike isn't worth the hassle.

This ^

Dude, trust your instinct on how to deal with this. When this whole matter is settled you have to live with how you feel about how you have behaved during the process. It's fairly obvious you like to believe that other people are genuine in their dealings. Nothing wrong with this approach. If more people had this, we would not have scenarios like the one playing out right now!

It's rad that you're asking questions and posting pics about the challenges you are facing to get others opinions on what they think of the issues to back up your thoughts.

Good luck with the return\refund battle!

Pity the OP did not listen from day 1 and return the bike and save all the heartache, the wasted time with emails and phone calls ... when obviously this bike is put together from the parts bin and a complete dog!!... I guess he will live and learn!!

Good luck, I sincerely hope you get your money back !!

Good luck dude....this bike is really now sounding like a dogs breakfast!!

I'm interested to hear their response...

Raait... Looks like we getting the lawyers involved. I have really tried my best not to get to this stage.

Raait... Looks like we getting the lawyers involved. I have really tried my best not to get to this stage.

Well I hope you forewarn others at some point....

Jeeze this is not looking good for the bikeshop.

Come now OP, its Friday, which bike shop do I need to avoid? :ph34r:

Just don't want to put myself in a position where posts here can count against me in court, but I will post transcripts of chats etc.

Lawyers contacted. Sh1ts about to get real.

Can anyone please tell me if I should be worried about this? Just below the seatpost on the carbon top tube.

Considering that wouldn't appear to be a typical high flex area on a frame, probably not just a paint crack, also seems to be some weird damage to the gel coat/paint just above that. Looks ominous.

Ag but don't worry considering how this deal has gone so far and your faith in the sellers good intentions I'd just leave it, the seller is a good oke can you imagine he'd sell you a cracked carbon frame, like really?

That being said this bike looks exactly like a bike that the shop has thrown together using all the crap parts that have been lying around the workshop for a while, those parts that are borderline binable(customers probably did throw them away) but you can't bring yourself to actually throw away... That would explain all the mismatched parts/hub adaptors etc. For a bike shop to do that they would have to be real skoms.

Like they say if the duck quacks.... and a duck has been quacking quite loudly?

Edit. Oops looks like I'm a little late to this jol, op has already opened his eyes!!

Just don't want to put myself in a position where posts here can count against me in court, but I will post transcripts of chats etc.

Lawyers contacted. Sh1ts about to get real.

The real winners :ph34r:

Archived