Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

Why/how do you go down to R1,000? We are also on custom.

The blanket statement was based on the Multiply add on benefits and the fact that I could not get something that compare and are better for my circumstances. In fact the "blanket statement" was more of a blanket opinion, the "I cannot imagine" part you know.

Perhaps time to "change your approach" a bit?

As of next year the health returns and bonus is changing from the current 2k Max per family to a model tied to your contributions. R250 max back per R 500 contribution per person for main members and adult dependents only. No part payments. So for a custom plan with anything other than associated / state the max is R1,250 per family unless you have yourself and 2 adult dependents On your plan.

As for your dig... Have a look at my signature. This is my profession, and I stay up to date. Maybe time to change your approach.

Also realise that not everyone is in the same circumstances as you are. Therefore what is good for you may not be good for them. Especially when you're talking about this sort of thing.

Edit: edited 500/1000 to 250/500

To add: for myself, on the associated/state option, my max is now R1,000 per month from next year (myself, wife and child). Fine, as I'd be getting fewer MSA rands on coastal saver, but I can afford to choose state as my chronic provider as I'm not on chronic meds, and I can afford to choose associated hospitals as the hospitals on that list are the ones we'd go to ordinarily

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all people are in the same position. Sometimes the vitality / DH combo is better than the multiply / MH combo and vice versa.

We're all human. We all make mistakes. Just as long as you own up to them and move to change that behaviour so you don't make the mistake again.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Not all people are in the same position. Sometimes the vitality / DH combo is better than the multiply / MH combo and vice versa.

Nail on the head. We used to have vitality/DH and it definitely never suited us. We never left discovery with a sour taste in our mouth, they always gave us great service. Simply left because Multiply/MH suited us a lot more.

I make my own smoothies at home everyday so I don't need free ones...............

Nail on the head. We used to have vitality/DH and it definitely never suited us. We never left discovery with a sour taste in our mouth, they always gave us great service. Simply left because Multiply/MH suited us a lot more.

I make my own smoothies at home everyday so I don't need free ones...............

Absolutely. I have DL/Vit and MH/Multiply and get the best of both worlds. Would I move my life cover over to Momentum if I could better the cover : premium there? Absolutely. But the 40% discount I'd get now (and 60% in 2 years) simply doesn't overcome the extra benefits and payback I get through disco.

For some, it does. And in those cases I'll always recommend a move. But only if it's in their best interest

Have a look in the mirror...

I did. It was quite atrocious. But nothing out of the ordinary.

Seriously though. Was that not an attempt at taking the piss? If not, then apologies. In a pretty dark spot atm so I'm liable to misread things even if it's as blatant as that. But if so, comment stands regardless. It stands regardless anyway. In this industry blanket statements are dangerous and form the majority of my income stream (as a result of having to fix things that have been applied via a cookie cutter approach)

Therefore, your "can't imagine" is just ignorance. Maybe okay for you, but not for everyone else, where your circumstances are unique to YOU.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Not anything more than both your digs at me, first yesterday regarding Edcon and then about my blanket statement, which was actually an opinion about how I cannot see how another deal can beat someone that is already on Myriad and Multiply, to just add Health as well, which is seriously competitive to start off with.    From this side I'm asking a question and giving an opinion/asking a question and getting digs about blanket statements and changing approaches.    But lets leave it, we're buggering up the thread.

I'm not following your amounts for the 2018 health returns.  As example, how will the health returns be calculated for two adults and two children on the Custom Associated State?

Seriously though. Was that not an attempt at taking the piss?

I'm not following your amounts for the 2018 health returns. As example, how will the health returns be calculated for two adults and two children on the Custom Associated State?

Going to post the pic of the marketing material. Makes it easier.

So for assoc/state

PRINCIPAL = 1366 pm / 500 = 2 full amounts of R500 (fractions are ignored)

SPOUSE = 1066 pm / 500 = 2 full amounts of 500

= Max 1000 P/m for a family, subject to the formula above.

Children are ignored. As they should be. Lol.

It remains a VERY good benefit, and tbh brings it in line with how it should have been from the start.

Also a few more benefits that are changing (like the ways you can spend your health returns, and voucher Cashback etc) but will explore those when there is better info. Marketing material from the launch was..... A little thin.

Yeah. The complementary brochure is the one I'm referring to. It's a bit thin on details. There is info there, just not enough.

yep, better than a kick in the backside until Momentum improve upon.

Those damn fractions rounded down, hurt :-( 

yep, better than a kick in the backside until Momentum improve upon.

Those damn fractions rounded down, hurt :-(

Yeah. And I need that info to be able to help my clients. Can't get it. Not yet at least.

And yeah. Not nice.

So for assoc/state

PRINCIPAL = 1366 pm / 500 = 2 full amounts of R500 (fractions are ignored)

SPOUSE = 1066 pm / 500 = 2 full amounts of 500

= Max 1000 P/m for a family, subject to the formula above.

Children are ignored. As they should be. Lol.

So the R2,000 per month drops to R1,000. I thought initially the jump from 900 to 2,000 was too good to be true. :-( One has to wonder who decides on these numbers, just to realize oh no, this was a bugger up. Lets half it again a year later...

Thanks for the details