Out of towner- Greg minnaar cycles

Pikey

Big shout out to Greg minnaar cycles in Pietermaritzburg . We left for Durban on Friday early morning for the amashova . But knowing that I had an issue with my bike as I had changed tyres and my gears would shift of the small chainring when I did quick ride around late Thursday evening . Fiddled with front derallileur but with obviously no success as I didn't really know what I was doing .

We decide rather than leave late I would hopefully find a bike shop In Durban when collecting numbers and dropping of bikes. Spoke to hubber in Durban and he had arranged at his local or them to take a look. But we got delayed in leaving and having kids in the car the schedule was becoming tight .

So 20 min from Pmb and the kids starving hungry ,we called Greg minnaar cycles and told the quandary we were in can they squeeze me in immediatly ???? Please . Had to drop bike off in durbs & collect race no's still. They said sure bring the bike. Brilliant or at least it was untill they had set the gears and we realized that the derailleur hanger was bent and gears were still not prefect.

They never a hanger obviously as my bike is a Cannondale. They were sacred to bend it in case it breaks then I am proper forked. Knowing the gears aren't right I couldn't leave it.

So in true lbs service they called around to shops that stock Cannondale and found me a spare hanger in case and pre arranged for me to go and collect it should the worst happen while bending mine straight. They did manage to bend mine straight and sort my gears out perfectly . Whilst completely friendly and interested n my plight.

I know this is maybe not a big deal,but they could of brushed me aside and said sorry can't fully booked ( which they were) or sorry that's the best I can get your gears or sorry can bend your hanger but no guarantee and not sure where you can get one. BUT THEY DIDNT.

And sorted out a very stressed customer not sure if the amashova was going to be rideable .

My kids were also thrilled as Greg minnaar World Cup winning bike was there and they love watching the downhill racing and always shout for minnaar. Hence the silly pics whilst posing.

Ok it cost me 2 new kids helmets as they decided this was really cool buying from Greg's shop ????..and they wanted there pics taken with Greg's bike ????????????????

But the charge for the gears and trouble they went to was R150 .

Big thanks to the guys at the boom street branch. My next Santa Cruz will be from you guys for sure .

SREVICE STILL LIVES IN OUR LBS.

post-51529-0-58777700-1476511533_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-15337600-1476511543_thumb.jpeg

post-51529-0-59438600-1476511552_thumb.jpeg

Big shout out to Greg minnaar cycles in Pietermaritzburg . We left for Durban on Friday early morning for the amashova . But knowing that I had an issue with my bike as I had changed tyres and my gears would shift of the small chainring when I did quick ride around late Thursday evening . Fiddled with front derallileur but with obviously no success as I didn't really know what I was doing .

We decide rather than leave late I would hopefully find a bike shop In Durban when collecting numbers and dropping of bikes. Spoke to hubber in Durban and he had arranged at his local or them to take a look. But we got delayed in leaving and having kids in the car the schedule was becoming tight .

So 20 min from Pmb and the kids starving hungry ,we called Greg minnaar cycles and told the quandary we were in can they squeeze me in immediatly ???? Please . Had to drop bike off in durbs & collect race no's still. They said sure bring the bike. Brilliant or at least it was untill they had set the gears and we realized that the derailleur hanger was bent and gears were still not prefect.

They never a hanger obviously as my bike is a Cannondale. They were sacred to bend it in case it breaks then I am proper forked. Knowing the gears aren't right I couldn't leave it.

So in true lbs service they called around to shops that stock Cannondale and found me a spare hanger in case and pre arranged for me to go and collect it should the worst happen while bending mine straight. They did manage to bend mine straight and sort my gears out perfectly . Whilst completely friendly and interested n my plight.

I know this is maybe not a big deal,but they could of brushed me aside and said sorry can't fully booked ( which they were) or sorry that's the best I can get your gears or sorry can bend your hanger but no guarantee and not sure where you can get one. BUT THEY DIDNT.

And sorted out a very stressed customer not sure if the amashova was going to be rideable .

My kids were also thrilled as Greg minnaar World Cup winning bike was there and they love watching the downhill racing and always shout for minnaar. Hence the silly pics whilst posing.

Ok it cost me 2 new kids helmets as they decided this was really cool buying from Greg's shop ????..and they wanted there pics taken with Greg's bike ????????????????

But the charge for the gears and trouble they went to was R150 .

Big thanks to the guys at the boom street branch. My next Santa Cruz will be from you guys for sure .

SREVICE STILL LIVES IN OUR LBS.

That's just awesome.

They helped me out a few years ago with signed posters from Mr Minn for my kids via courier (he wasn't even in the country when I got hold of them to ask but when he did get back to SA they remembered about my email and got him to sign it for us) and I also ended up buying some t-shirts and caps through them because they went the extra mile for us.

All seem like fantastic guys..

What a lekker shop and bunch of guys.  They have always helped me out with a smile and the service is just excellent.  Never ever had any sort of issue with them.  I highly recommend this LBS.  Price does not come into it when you get workmanship and service like this! I smaak them stukkend!

You guys are very lucky to have these guys as your local. Top class for sure ????

Oh and I bought 2 bandit's for the back of the power saddles. Was happy to spend my money and get the service,which is a bit of a rarity nowadays .

Live 3 km from there and my LBS...

They are my mates and always willing to help or give advice

Highly recommended!

you got some helpful mates tell them thanks again ????

Second to my own 2 hands, Minnaars are the only store I truly trust with my bike.

There is one store in pmb that will sell a 6 foot chap a BMX for marathon racing......

Greg Minaar guys are awesome. They have never let me down. Sometimes gone out of their way to help me. Saw Mrs.Min in the shop yesterday still keeping the okes on their toes :thumbup:

That's just awesome.

They helped me out a few years ago with signed posters from Mr Minn for my kids via courier (he wasn't even in the country when I got hold of them to ask but when he did get back to SA they remembered about my email and got him to sign it for us) and I also ended up buying some t-shirts and caps through them because they went the extra mile for us.

All seem like fantastic guys..

I remember that. :P

The story actually gets better...I left the packet with the 2 bandits and chamois cream I had bought on the roof of the car and drove of.

I got an pm from daviii (works at Greg minnaar) on the hub on Sunday to say that a black gent had handed in my packet of stuff as the bag had there name on it. And he saw the thread on the hub otherwise he would not of known how to contact me ( the hub is good the hub is great ????) so on my trip back to jhb tmw will be making another stop at gm cycles. Damn going to have to have some restraint when visiting the shop this time .

Hopefully the gent who handed in my stuff will be around as I now have to pay it forward to him.

GM for the win again.

So the plot thickens or so to speak. It's weird how life works and wrong place wrong time etc. Was annoyed at myself at first for messing around with the tyres then having to stop at gm cycles on the way to a race ,then dropping the chain in the race and costing me so much time . Then I also left my packet on the roof and drove off so I had to go back to get it or did i?

On our way back the wife and I where deciding whether or not to stop there and add the time to our trip. Maybe just get it sent postnet. But luckily we didn't very luckily .

We stopped at GM picked up my bandits and bought a multi tool (Couldn't help myself) stopped and filled up the car and sat down and had an early lunch as the kids were moaning they were hungry.

HERE'S THE KICKER : My mate i was with obviously didn't stop at Pmb and carried on an hour or so ahead of me . A good few hours up the road going through the free state he drove through a massive hail storm . He said it was pitch black and the hail was the size of tennis balls. When I was driving through the area an hour later I could see the pitch black skies to the right and the roads were soaking wet. I was thankful I missed the storm but little did I know how thankful untill I spoke to my mate later on.

His bus was panel beaten with the hail and his windscreen was broken. But worst of all the hail had cracked his cervelo road frame on the top tube ( although he is going for an expert opinion to see the extent of the damage ) When I spoke to him later and he told me I could hear he was gutted . Luckily his mountain bike didn't suffer any damage .

After speaking to him as bad as I felt for him I was thankful that I played with my bike the day before leaving for the shova because the sequence of events could of possibly saved both my bikes on the roof and definitely saved my car .

ITS JUST WEIRD HOW THINGS IN LIFE PLAY OUT .

Edited by Pikey