Bonus

Sky just entertain Froome's TDF - Vuelta ambitions.. as seen clearly last year they don't send strong enough team with him

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Maybe this year they will look how little he has raced this year

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Le Tour is creeping closer and most of us are "stuck" at work during the first part of the stages etc, who do you follow on twitter to keep you updated etc on cycling?

Here is who I have found to be entertaining and informative:

@Laura_Meseguer - insight and press

@ProCyclingStats - stats

@TheRaceRadio - insght updates

@inrng - Updates and insight

@Cyclocosm - HTRWW , insight and a laugh

@faustocoppi60 - My favorite at the moment

@Digger_forum - Massive Sky Fan :ph34r:

@6WattsPerKg - :whistling: Richie Porte's second account

@teampuresavage - a laugh, very little insight.

@Grootlem - A South African twang

Obviously I am not talking about riders, team owners, managers etc.

Anyone else worth while?

For the Italian side of things

Take a look at Ciro Scognamiglio (@cirogazzetta): https://twitter.com/cirogazzetta?s=09

From the Gazzetta..his articles are also very good.

Although his tweets are few and far between. .if there is a transfer scoop Ciro will know about it.. plus he is a character to follow.

I still think Kristoff miss all the work done for him by Luca Paolini. Never been the same since he was caught for powdering his nose

.they def miss the experience Paolini brought to the team. .but Zabel is stepping up really nicely.

You can copy and paste that every year lol..shame it's the double he really wants..

Giro - Vuelta if he wants a double

to win this year the GC guys will have to start pushing early for Yellow. Once you have the Yellow it is easier to hold it now than to fight for it when you don't have it.

Its changed from the Lance days were he did not want it early.

Giro - Vuelta if he wants a double

Sky unfortunately are a TDF team as long as what he can win the TDF they will not let him ride the Giro...

I think he would love a real go at the other 2 more so perhaps to prove that he isn't just a TDF winner.

to win this year the GC guys will have to start pushing early for Yellow. Once you have the Yellow it is easier to hold it now than to fight for it when you don't have it.

Its changed from the Lance days were he did not want it early.

Yes and no, due to certain changes (or maybe not) in todays cycling its hard for a team to control from early on. not impossible but a lot harder.

Well the lady that was chosen as one of the winner for the guess the team had these names.. we wait for confirmation tomorrow. .but seeing as she is one of the winners it must be...right?

#myteamTFS

@albertocontador

@jarlinsonpantan

@BaukeMollema

@johndegenkolb

@MichaelGogl

@koendekort

@FabioFelline

@EugenioAlafaci

andrecardoso

Solid team that also. Trek really have stepped up huge this year in terms of riders.

I still think Kristoff miss all the work done for him by Luca Paolini. Never been the same since he was caught for powdering his nose

Take away his personal problems and being caught up in Oil for Drugs and only a rock in a field would deny the quality Paolini brought to his team, protected riders and road captain. He was always in the right place at the right time and making sure his teams protected riders were well looked after on the road.

Take away his personal problems and being caught up in Oil for Drugs and only a rock in a field would deny the quality Paolini brought to his team, protected riders and road captain. He was always in the right place at the right time and making sure his teams protected riders were well looked after on the road.

Also didnt see him being overly concerned about entering other lead out trains with Kristoff tucked on his wheel. Also, I am sure the concerns raised by the lead out train were also dealt with swiftly by Paolini. 

Also didnt see him being overly concerned about entering other lead out trains with Kristoff tucked on his wheel. Also, I am sure the concerns raised by the lead out train were also dealt with swiftly by Paolini.

Sigh.. I miss him.. hey last I saw he was due to ride the mt marathon world champs. .that's this weekend, isn't it?

I am waiting for Movistar to announce their team. I really hope Carlos Betancuur made the cut, I don't know why, but enjoyed watching him ride!

there's a few guys in the peloton with raw talent!

no particular order

Sagan

Allaphalippe

Betancur

Valverde

Edited by antonj

there's a few guys in the peloton with raw talent!

no particular order

Sagan

Allaphalippe

Betancur

Valverde

Had to unlike your post, didn't see Valverde snuck on there. 

You can add Tiej Benooit to the list instead.

Or that young Cannondale rider