Bonus

AG2R is probably the closest to Sky during this tour. Previously it was Movistar but their wheels seem to have fallen off after their dismal Giro.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the cycling culture of the Arabs is immense...........not

Cycling is growing at a rapid rate here in the UAE and surrounding gulf states. The fact that both UAE and Bahrain sponsor two world tour teams is also pretty great. Plenty of infrastructure support here as well from the government like cycling tracks, fully operational and fantastic mtb trail centre with routes for all skill levels.

It's nowhere near as big as back home but it's growing rapidly. Loads of locals getting into the sport.

Can i just send some love Dan Martins way? In a time where cyclists spend more time looking each other than actually attacking each other, Dan Martin is the exception.

He doesn't have the grace of a Pantani but my god he's not afraid of attacking. Kudos to you Dan Martin. I'll be rooting for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You could say Brailsford is going a bit ..........

you, know..........Postal

"You are just like Postal"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"No we are not"

"Screw you guys!!"

"That's what Postal SAID!, see you are just like Postal"

Cycling is growing at a rapid rate here in the UAE and surrounding gulf states. The fact that both UAE and Bahrain sponsor two world tour teams is also pretty great. Plenty of infrastructure support here as well from the government like cycling tracks, fully operational and fantastic mtb trail centre with routes for all skill levels.

It's nowhere near as big as back home but it's growing rapidly. Loads of locals getting into the sport.

I have a cousin that works in Dubai and the pictures he has sent from the rides they have done looks amazing. Also getting top equipment there is easy and much cheaper apparently - especially if you earn tax free.

AG2R is probably the closest to Sky during this tour. Previously it was Movistar but their wheels seem to have fallen off after their dismal Giro.

Their hopes (and hope) fell in the opening TT - losing two riders on stage 1 is a blow for any team, but THOSE riders... 

Their hopes (and hope) fell in the opening TT - losing two riders on stage 1 is a blow for any team, but THOSE riders...

Agreed.

Also, Naaier being silly with "The Double" attempt also didn't help.

I'm sure "Peaks all Year" Valverde must be wonder "what if" when he watched his little Columbian friend getting dropped. Surely Movistar would have switched GC guys....

During the Giro I always watch the RAI post show - not that I understand much Italian but love their passion and presence and sometimes the guests talk English. The Columbian team was also giving it horns during the racing, you could always hear them in the background of Eurosport.

There is a post show on France 2 during Le Tour that I watch as well , but them Frenchies are always the slick and smooth.

I always prefer to watch on RAI, far better commentary and a good feel........pity the satellite picture quality is so bad here

Naaaah. AG2R have done some good things on some stages but won't give them that accolade, yet.

Wonder if the influence Val has in that team is underrated or just completely underestimated? NQ is not the biggest motivator and rumour has it not the greatest talker either. So the leader role might have been NQ, but the road captain could definitely be Val.

Movisar is just nowhere in this tour. Flooded the road the other day in the break and all over but .. no impact, suppose because the real NQ is absent.

And for this week:

The French to do a bit more rule-bending

Sky to do what Sky does.

Bertie will have a good day.

NQ will be average (Pity cos I like the little fella)

No serious crashes.

And for this week:

The French to do a bit more rule-bending

Sky to do what Sky does.

Bertie will have a good day.

NQ will be average (Pity cos I like the little fella)

No serious crashes.

And ... Bonus back home?

Where you this week?

I reckon that the Skyborgs are maxed and that other teams are improving. Hence, the gap is closer.

What Sky do well with their tremendous budget is recruit the best domestiques and that really gives Froome Dawg the platform for his success.

Ja, agreed but even with the best domestiques they just haven't seemed to have had a complete team for some reason. I had my doubts about Landa since the beginning and I am still not convinced he is a team man (but TBF, if I was top 5 in the pinnacle event of my sport, my ear piece might ccchhh also shhrrrtt go kgahgs wrong). Henao and Nieve have both had off and on days. Gee was obviously a loss but even on Planche he wasn't as much help as I thought. Kwiat has been a legend.

Just think ja, they were nowhere near the team they have been in the past and if AG2R were going to go for it, now is the time.

Ja, agreed but even with the best domestiques they just haven't seemed to have had a complete team for some reason. I had my doubts about Landa since the beginning and I am still not convinced he is a team man (but TBF, if I was top 5 in the pinnacle event of my sport, my ear piece might ccchhh also shhrrrtt go kgahgs wrong). Henao and Nieve have both had off and on days. Gee was obviously a loss but even on Planche he wasn't as much help as I thought. Kwiat has been a legend.

Just think ja, they were nowhere near the team they have been in the past and if AG2R were going to go for it, now is the time.

Poels was excluded because of a knee injury.

Kennaugh was out of form or something.

And, with that, their depth is good hey.

Fortunately, the Tour is flatter than usual and they can afford more rouleurs.

Porte and Valverde would've made the job to win yellow even much harder.

I reckon that the Skyborgs are maxed and that other teams are improving. Hence, the gap is closer. 

What Sky do well with their tremendous budget is recruit the best domestiques and that really gives Froome Dawg the platform for his success.

You reckon Valverde comes up short here. 

Weather forecast for the day:

A hot 35°C in the Rhone valley and a breeze too with 30km/h forecast from the SW, gusting to double that which means crosswinds during the final parts of the stage.

Archived