Thickness of trisuits padding

breaker

I don't do tri's myself but form experience I can tell you my bib with the thinest padding is the one thats most comfortable to me , I think its more about fit than thickness.

Padding is overrated :-)

http://lqvp4yw0ru-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/TT-Side-on.jpg

It's all In the mind

Back in the day.... We used to do tri's just like that in a speedo. Funnily we used to train in cycling shorts but race in a speedo. Often did swim ultra tri cycle legs in a speedo and vest. The speedo had very slight padding or more like a double layer of material....that's all. No problems.....

Luckily as I got older and fatter Tri Clothing options evolved and regular cycling shorts with thinner padding became available

It's all In the mind

Back in the day.... We used to do tri's just like that in a speedo. Funnily we used to train in cycling shorts but race in a speedo. Often did swim ultra tri cycle legs in a speedo and vest. The speedo had very slight padding or more like a double layer of material....that's all. No problems.....

Luckily as I got older and fatter Tri Clothing options evolved and regular cycling shorts with thinner padding became available

Maybe the speedo's are making a comeback. I see Tim Reed won the 70.3 World Championships in a budgie smuggler this year [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my running shorts (no padding) for Olympic distances, Orca tri shorts for half distances an for full IM I wear full cycling kit an proper running kit. The few minutes this costs me are made up in comfort an the amount of time is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

Archived