Better check your Cyclesure policy

MintSauce

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at 25K value and about the same monthly as you.

My bike insured for 50K and my repayment is also around R250...

Dude' date='

You did not get my point.

The point is that if the frame is out of warrenty, it should still be covered by the insurance company.
[/quote']

yes but it did not break because of manufacturers fault. If it did and you were IN the warrantee period the manufacturer will replace. If out of warrantee no one will replace it. If it was due to neglect, as the case is, and in warrantee period, manufaturer will not replace but insurance will.

mmmmm looks like i'm getting bent over the desk here. think i'll get a quote from pedal care. I've seen too many negative postings on cycle sure. But thanx for the info guys

When I first started cycling cyclesure was the best insurance option.  Low premiums and they didn't have any problem paying out for damage incurred whether during races or training.  Then had a big fall and they even told me I should claim for the medical bills but I never got around to it.

This year so far it seems they're changing their policy every now and then and when I fell and hurt my arm and had to have x-rays and freakin expensive scans done, not to mention the doctor's bills etc, suddenly they only cover your medical costs if it's incurred during a race!

I thought they cover us/our bikes whether training/racing/during transport whatever.  Now they've got conditions on everything. :( 

Maybe I'll have to look at this new pedal care thing too.. maybe they'll be okay for the next 2 years or so and by that time there ought to be another one...

I cannot see what the problem is. Why should the insurance company pay for defects anyway?

Because that is what I pay them for....to cover me no matter what.

They don't like it, I go to the competition that does offer the service I require.....easy hey?

They don't like it' date=' I go to the competition that does offer the service I require.....easy hey?

[/quote']

Agreed

Clearly you and I have a different view on what insurance is to some of the people here.

I cannot see what the problem is. Why should the insurance company pay for defects anyway?

They don't like it' date=' I go to the competition that does offer the service I require.....easy hey?

[/quote']

Edzackerly!! Big%20smile

[/quote']

ClapClap

Agreed

Clearly you and I have a different view on what insurance is to some of the people here.

I think "some people" are just used to being screwed in 'n bad way.....Wink

Shame. Fool me once shame on you' date=' fool me twice shame on me hey? [/quote']

Unless your name is George Dubya Bush, of course...

Then it's "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice - well, erm.... The moral of the story is, you'd better not fool me twice!"

Shame. Some of them are just beyond any sort of available help.

what premium are you insured guys paying against what total insured value?

I'm insured for 15K and it costs about 250 SAronds /month' date=' just thought i'd ask to see what others are paying
[/quote']

50k....paying R350

Pedalcare quoted around R330 so wasn't worth it to swop in my mind

Mind's changed now!

Is it possible if madmarc, BTB, Crux, Ana Gouws, Auction Lamb and anybody else can post the Insurance company, insured value and monthly payments. I will make up a list. This way, you guys plus anyone else can see if your premium is market related, or should you fight for better pricing, or move on to another company.

As a fact, insurance company are the biggest skellims around. How many of you have your premiums reduced every year for your car. The value depreciates every year. I have to contact my insurance every year to drop my premium. I never used to, until I was told by someone. How much extra money did they make from me, until I did.

two bikes both insured for R40k....one at cyclesure costs R325p/m one at Pedalcare costs R199 p/m....might be taking both to pedalcare

As this is an insurance thread I have a question. If you destroy your bike and the insurance company pays out for a new one, what happens to all the bits like deraillers etc that are still useable? Does the LBS keep them?