L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

Right can anyone recommend accommodation?

The more I finalise now the more committed I have to be[emoji23] [emoji23]

So we have TITS, and I suppose I would have to do some road events to get used to company while I ride and maybe help with seeding so can can finish in time to watch the end of Flanders[emoji23] [emoji23]

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerald I think you turn right back onto the R103 from Mooirivier and then go back on the same road as you started on through Nottingham Road again. I've created a similar route on Strava, got to 159km with 1845m elevation gain. It does seem like there may be some data point issues along the way though.

Possible - thanks

So where does one stay? Howick, Mooirivier, PMB?

Any recommendation's?

Lion's River is the closest, and Howick isn't too far.. will have to sort out accommodation fast if we want to stay close to the start.

Right can anyone recommend accommodation?

The more I finalise now the more committed I have to be[emoji23] [emoji23]

So we have TITS, and I suppose I would have to do some road events to get used to company while I ride and maybe help with seeding so can can finish in time to watch the end of Flanders[emoji23] [emoji23]

Sagan would be so proud

Lion's River is the closest, and Howick isn't too far.. will have to sort out accommodation fast if we want to stay close to the start.

lions river cottages  self catering:   http://www.lrcc.co.za/rose.html

"We are fully booked for those dates."

Thats' from 30/03-03/04...

Oh crisis

Have a look on Where to Stay web page as there are plenty in the area. Most of them are pretty ok.

wheretostay.co.za

Have a look on Where to Stay web page as there are plenty in the area. Most of them are pretty ok.

wheretostay.co.za

Many thx.. I have sent out a few enquiries.

Many thx.. I have sent out a few enquiries.

11 karkloof rd. its about 3km outside of Howick but on Karkloof side. About 15 min drive to get to Mandela capture site. you can do the karkloof 60 km when you get back from your ride :ph34r:

11 karkloof rd. its about 3km outside of Howick but on Karkloof side. About 15 min drive to get to Mandela capture site. you can do the karkloof 60 km when you get back from your ride :ph34r:

Many thx.. will send them a mail.

Racetec!

When you click on ENTER RACE HERE, it takes you to the Cycle Events entry page, just like other events they host.

Three categories:

Elite men & U23

Elite ladies

Open Seeded

Individual or team of 6

Why only these categories I ask?? Aren't these guys aware that there is still plenty of racing groups in between Elite and Open/Seeded

Unless of course they seed in such a way that the bunches still pretty much resemble the racing groups and open batches as can be found in most of our local races

Already a bad start. I registered with them when this was first announced. They said they would then keep you updated on the details. Entries have opened and have seen no communication.

Archived