Don't call me crazy

PrinceVlad

Thursday Update

Morning RHR - 58bpm

Weight - 123,4kgs (down 100g)

Training - 13km ride, 1hr, avg HR 124

Training score - 14.6

Caloric intake - Wednesday 7951kj

I did an easy ride this morning trying to keep my HR below 130. I found that since I changed my watch's settings to just show time it is more enjoyable because I am not chasing a set distance each time. Weight wise I am almost back to where I was before we left for the December holidays, so happy with that.

Would you guys recommend that I do some Gym training as well or should I run on days I am not riding?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thursday Update

Morning RHR - 58bpm

Training score - 14.6

I did an easy ride this morning trying to keep my HR below 130. I found that since I changed my watch's settings to just show time it is more enjoyable because I am not chasing a set distance each time. Weight wise I am almost back to where I was before we left for the December holidays, so happy with that.

Would you guys recommend that I do some Gym training as well or should I run on days I am not riding?

Well done on getting the weight back down!

Distance vs time? What routes are you choosing? I don't know where you live, but are you able to plan a ride, to somewhere, rather than down the road/track and turn around at halfway in distance or time? I find having a number of routes, of differing distance, elevation etc, which go somewhere helps enormously in generating enthusiasm, be it for regular rides, or even a mini-goal of 'In 4 weeks I'll ride to town X' etc.  

As for your query about gym work. Well, I'm a roadie, and I think your target event is off-road, so others are far better qualified, BUT I doubt that some time on core work is ever wasted. Plenty of exercises on the web - Bicycle (sp?) and Ride magazine websites often have articles on 'the top 3 exercises you can't do without'. The only caveat would be to be careful of form, and don't overdo it (an untrained core gets exhausted very quickly!), so you don't hurt yourself which might lead to time off the bike.

Friday Update

Morning RHR - forgot to check

Weight - 123kgs (down 400g)

Fitness Score - 16.3

Caloric Intake - Thursday 7908kj

Training - 15km ride, 1hr, Avg HR 142bpm

Had a nice ride this morning, not too easy, not too hard. I also tried a new ride which was nice. Tomorrows plan is to do some hill repeats and then Sunday will be a rest day.

I took the advice of slow and steady weight loss to heart and I will now be focussing on consistent weight loss rather than a lot now just to gain it back later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday Update

Morning RHR - 58bpm

Training score - 14.6

Forget gym.... unless you have all day to train and rest. Your goal is this long distance off road biycycle ride..... rather train your cycling which imo you now need to be increasing (increasing the duration of each ride).

You can run a bit and do some "home gym or own body weight" exercises after each run to help your riding.

There's something that hasn't been mentioned - Hacc is a genius! :thumbup:

Again, one can make it complicated, is your buddy stronger, slower than you etc. Initially, who cares! Why - cos honouring the training partner 'agreement', (let's meet at time X...), will have got you out on the bike at time X, when left to your own devices will probably have you skipping that session.

PV - do you have a training partner available?

Do not have more than 1 partner waiting, otherwise it is too easy to say ho well they can ride together.

Hopefully he is to busy training to spend time on da hub...

Hope everything is going smoothly

Friday Update

Fitness Score - 16.3

Had a nice ride this morning, not too easy, not too hard. I also tried a new ride which was nice. Tomorrows plan is to do some hill repeats and then Sunday will be a rest day.

I took the advice of slow and steady weight loss to heart and I will now be focussing on consistent weight loss rather than a lot now just to gain it back later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is it going Prince?

Hope all is going well!!!

Friday Update

Fitness Score - 16.3

7900 calories?

Yoh

Prince came this far, I'm sure he is just focusing on the important aspects of his challenge, Ina few months he will be back showing us his medal ????

I hope

Archived