The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

In a controversial move, and one which will raise questions about how committed the Flanders Classics organisers are to a clean sport, the people behind the Tour of Flanders have invited Lance Armstrong to be an official guest at next year’s race.

“Lance Armstrong is delighted to be visiting Flanders to tell his story and experience his favourite one-day race live,” said race organiser Wouter Vandenhaute. “To him, this will also be a return to cycling and, as far as I am concerned, he is very welcome!

“Lance Armstrong is and remains a great champion. I have felt for many years now that he was above all punished for his arrogance. I met Lance Armstrong in Washington last October and found him to be a chastened man who has made peace with his fate.”

CyclingTips

In a controversial move, and one which will raise questions about how committed the Flanders Classics organisers are to a clean sport, the people behind the Tour of Flanders have invited Lance Armstrong to be an official guest at next year’s race.

“Lance Armstrong is delighted to be visiting Flanders to tell his story and experience his favourite one-day race live,” said race organiser Wouter Vandenhaute. “To him, this will also be a return to cycling and, as far as I am concerned, he is very welcome!

“Lance Armstrong is and remains a great champion. I have felt for many years now that he was above all punished for his arrogance. I met Lance Armstrong in Washington last October and found him to be a chastened man who has made peace with his fate.”

CyclingTips

It could be interesting to see the various responses from everyone there to his presence.

It could be interesting to see the various responses from everyone there to his presence.

dupl... :(

Edited by lechatnoir

My popcorn is popping nicely