The Classics

'Dale

After his victory, Michal Kwiatkowski says that he didn't expect Peter Sagan to go on the Poggio.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sanremo is an incredible feeling... I'm thankful to my teammates, they did an incredible job today. I didn't expect Sagan to attack on the Poggio. After he did, I expected a bunch sprint but he maintained a high speed at the front. I focused only on my own sprint. I can't believe I've beaten Sagan!"

Kawasaki

Edited by 'Dale

Kwia and Sagan made the critical break at 35 kms to go at last year's Ronde'

And then Sags went to his sole Monument win.

This time the glory was for the Kawasaki ????

I think GvA and Degenkolb are kicking themselves not following Sagan on the Poggio.

Kwia and Sagan made the critical break at 35 kms to go at last year's Ronde'

And then Sags went to his sole Monument win.

This time the glory was for the Kawasaki

And it wasn't the first time they have gone away together, a few years ago at the Strade they did the same, and Kwaito said in the post race interview they use do that together back in their junior days - explains why Peter wasn't really as miffed as other would / have been after being pipped at the post, and Kwaito did pull a few times towards the end, unlike Gerro when he took the win from Spartacus

I think GvA and Degenkolb are kicking themselves not following Sagan on the Poggio.

Not following, or unable to follow? Maybe too far back to react in time.

Don't think they could ...

Yip

The podium was definitely the right guys that had the punch up the final kicker of Poggio

Race fact:

Over 7 hours of race today. It's the first time since 2008 #MSR

Thats a seriously long time in the saddle, and to still attack on the last climb and sprint like they do - AWESOME

Edited by kosmonooit

And it wasn't the first time they have gone away together, a few years ago at the Strade they did the same, and Kwaito said in the post race interview they use do that together back in their junior days - explains why Peter wasn't really as miffed as other would / have been after being pipped at the post, and Kwaito did pull a few times towards the end, unlike Gerro when he took the win from Spartacus

Mutual respect for sure

Kwia was also the last Rainbow jeresey winner since Sagan's double

He can ride ????

Edited by 'Dale

Just got home from my bus trip[emoji35]

Long day. Saw the results and hubby gave me a run down.. but will watch the last 24km when I am less kaput.. had a 2:30am wakeup call and it is not possible to sleep on a bus full of bloody hockey and rugby teenage boys.

I saw one of the finish line pics..yoh.. how did Sagan stay on his bike?

Just got home from my bus trip[emoji35]

Long day. Saw the results and hubby gave me a run down.. but will watch the last 24km when I am less kaput.. had a 2:30am wakeup call and it is not possible to sleep on a bus full of bloody hockey and rugby teenage boys.

I saw one of the finish line pics..yoh.. how did Sagan stay on his bike?

Sleep lekka

It was a stunning race

And a very special finalè ????????