[Event] The 99er Cycle Race 2017

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Do you look at eligibility? Mine says P. Probably for Plonker.

Yes. If your eligibility is better than your current number, you can choose to upgrade your seeding before the end of the season if you want to. Handy if you want to start earlier.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duane_Bosch, on 15 Feb 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:snapback.png

What 78k?

Do you look at eligibility? Mine says P. Probably for Plonker.

Yes. If your eligibility is better than your current number, you can choose to upgrade your seeding before the end of the season if you want to. Handy if you want to start earlier.

I normally get my new seeding number at the race, just ask for a "reseed" and you will get what you are eligible for, and pay R50.

Just remember, the race must be over 80km or more than 750m of climbing or it will receive a 15% penalty http://www.pedalpower.org.za/how-seeding-is-calculated/

So the race might not help much w.r.t seeding (not sure how much climbing it involves), except if you are really strong, and if it does, you need to dock up another extra R50 at tour de ppa.

Also you have to notify them if you are upgrading at least 2 days before the next event.

Read http://www.pedalpower.org.za/seeding/

I've managed to get myself an eligibility of F as a result of the 99er. It was my first road race so it took a big effort. My goal was a decent seeding for next year's argus. But I've recently taken a substitute entry for this argus/ctct and received an email from them saying "information about my start time and seeding will be provided on the 3rd of march". Is there ANY chance that they will use this F seeding for this year's race, given that I'm a substitute?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

I've managed to get myself an eligibility of F as a result of the 99er. It was my first road race so it took a big effort. My goal was a decent seeding for next year's argus. But I've recently taken a substitute entry for this argus/ctct and received an email from them saying "information about my start time and seeding will be provided on the 3rd of march". Is there ANY chance that they will use this F seeding for this year's race, given that I'm a substitute?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

I have heard rumors that they might use the result of the 99er for substitutes. But I reckon that it should show on http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/ before they allocate your start time and the 99er is not yet listed there. 

I have heard rumors that they might use the result of the 99er for substitutes. But I reckon that it should show on http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/ before they allocate your start time and the 99er is not yet listed there. 

Great, thanks for that. My current index is 0 but when I select "show unused seeding results as well" it does not show the 99er, so I guess the 99er data is just not loaded yet. Whether it will be used for seeding I will have to wait and see. 

Great, thanks for that. My current index is 0 but when I select "show unused seeding results as well" it does not show the 99er, so I guess the 99er data is just not loaded yet. Whether it will be used for seeding I will have to wait and see. 

Neither is the Bouckaert-Soenen, so it doesn't look like they are going to use anything from this year.

Thanks.

The 12 hours of Killarney on 30/04/2017 sounds quite interesting....

The track is 3.2km 7 laps an hour at a nice leisurely pace of 23kph takes you to 268km for the 12 hours.

The track is 3.2km 7 laps an hour at a nice leisurely pace of 23kph takes you to 268km for the 12 hours.

Wonder if can do 400km?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if can do 400km?

That's 50kph. Average. That would be SUPER impressive.

Imagine doing it in a Relay. You just pass the timing chip over.

If I do 300 can I get a Pure Savage shirt? XXL.

Ooooh.

Here's a thought.

You nominate someone in your team. And you let him just wheelsuck for the 12 hours. The other guys get to peel off & rest but they have to drag your guy around and feed him etc.

Is that your cunning plan to do 400km?

That's 50kph. Average. That would be SUPER impressive.

Imagine doing it in a Relay. You just pass the timing chip over.

If I do 300 can I get a Pure Savage shirt? XXL.

Unless you stop for really long breaks, 400km in 12 hours is 33,3km/h.

We did 300km in 9 hours including Franshoek pass, hells, chappies and suikerbosie

Unless you stop for really long breaks, 400km in 12 hours is 33,3km/h.

We did 300km in 9 hours including Franshoek pass, hells, chappies and suikerbosie

My math must be off. Sorry.

2 things. You okes are really strong.

Your comment makes me want to do it really really badly.

Edited by Duane_Bosch