[Event] Summer Fast One

Face Plant

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit. Missed online. Didn't read it closed at 9am. Will there be entries on the morning?

I live by the BDF cycling pledge. One day. Every day. #9Rules

Dammit. Missed online. Didn't read it closed at 9am. Will there be entries on the morning?

I live by the BDF cycling pledge. One day. Every day. #9Rules

Face Plant

Members

1,801 posts

Province:Gauteng

LocationVaal Triangle

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:13

Hi Henryfeather, there will be day entries available on race day

hey guys, sorry had a bit of a techno Challenge, unfortunately i can only give you the 35km profile but the 70km is not a lot different other than one steep climb, other than that is pretty flat too

attachicon.gifprofile_35km.png

Hi FAce Plant. I apologise but nut sure about the starting time of the 70km race. Is it 07h00 or 07h30. Also do I have to bring my own SAS timing bord, or will I get one with registration tomorrow. Thanks.

start time on

http://www.cycleevents.co.za/mtb-events/summer-fast-one/

• Start Times:70km – 07:3035km – 07:4510km – 08:00

does not match start times here ..

70 Km Starts 07:00

35 Km Starts 07:15

10 Km Fun Ride Starts 07:30

I assume the earlier start time is right ?

That's why I'm confused. The top of page of cycle events say 7, but further down 7,30 for 70km race. Take it I need to be safe and prepare for 7.

Good fun event. The mud was....well mud.

Picked up a helmet, a pair of shades and a beanie on the road near Klipriver drive.

If you can describe them, they are yours.

Nice to go down and spectate around the route today, glad i didnt have to ride it!  Looked quite wet and there was quite a swampy section (50mtrs or so) down by the R59, probably on the longer route.  Nice and festive at the end.

What an awesome ride, I loved every minute of the 35km which was 40km, which in the end turned out to be 36.7km.

Will Discovery automatically award event points, or do you have to manually apply?

The best Fast One route that I have ever done ???? - had loads of fun out there today. When someone's says 'mud' to me I assume the type that clogs up your derailleurs and wheels and stuff. There was certainly none of that today!

What many people don't seem to realise is that it is often better to ride though the water than skirt along the sides of those 'puddles'.

Good job PJ and Spectrum Events, bring on the winter edition.

To my knowledge neither derailleurs nor retailers were harmed ????

5fbb0ec92f902bca513a49771a0e6803.jpg

I really don't mind getting dirty on the bike, after all it is a mtb event. But when the mud goes up to your waist that's a bit hectic.

Don't dig that section through the vlei.

Definitely will not return if the mud and water is as bad next year as it was this.

Rode the 10km with my 3yr old. I wish organisers would give the short distance some thought. Loads of sections of flattened grass are unforgiving to small wheeled bikes and carriers. Hell, some of you have complained about grassy sections. And before any of you high horse riders say ' its mtbing afterall',I realize 10km limits your options on routes and it's not the main event but one cannot break their spirit just yet.

Edited by Nettie R