Somerset West Fires (now including paarl and stellies/jonkers)

dev  null

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

N2 is ok. Amazing how people drive, total disregard for other road users. Some okes are wizzing by and other slaming breaks ( ;) ) to get a view. Waving them on does not seem to help. But the blue flashy light brigade is/was helping out. Crew chief said there is no much left to burn in the wind direction. If it gets outta hand they will just do a chopper drop.

And with that I am shattered. Have to now prioritise. Have a meeting later I need to prep for.

Later guys. Lets hope that by at days end, all the firefighters, VWS and other volunteers can go home and get some rest.

post-2696-0-21662500-1483689745_thumb.jpg

taken from Stewart Pringle FB page.

and that is only half the damage.

Be safe, have a good one. And give your bike a little cuddle and your partner a hug. Tel em you love them and do something crazy this weekend.

Later

n2 situation rapidly changing and deteriorating

two military puma's now in the air as well as spotter planes

post-2696-0-43156800-1483694565_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-68548600-1483694572_thumb.jpg

post-2696-0-98013100-1483694587_thumb.jpg

photo's of fires from a few minutes ago (from fb)

last photo is the organisation in the background. everything is packed into bags, the bags are then packed into larger bags as fire teams have 4-5 people in them. Guys like @ndy collect them, and then go hand them out, or take them to a central point where fire crews rest or taken to the front line.

Contents are sweets, sami's (although this has been upgraded to pies, burgers and hotdogs, fire teams have no cutlery) sunscreen, lip ice, wet wipes, rehydrate of some sort, moisturiser, eye drops etc.

Is it more towards helderberg side now or N2?

wind fanning at Louresnford and flare up at SLP on the N2.

yippee.

Off the meeting hook, have to be back at 15H00 to take daughter to Fand's daughters birthday party.

off to help at SLP.

coffee, bar one and a berocca boost, sommer all at once.

EDIT: would two myprodols and an anti inflam  for my back be considered out of competition testing ? Cause then I would need a TUE quick quick. :whistling: :ph34r:

SE starting to pump again.

Please let this not move towards Helderberg. That's all we have left in the valley.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

the fire is well and truly under control.

small bits and bobs out Vergelegen way.

it is all mopping up now.

Off to drop daughter off and then later this evening a bottle of champers to kill the ADHD running around my head and system.  I am well cooked and exhausted.

Nothing like the fire guys though who leave here to go fight elsewhere.

Archived