2017 Tour De PPA funride and League

LeoKnight

Notice from PPA

We are thrilled to announce that the long route of the 2017 Tour de PPA (110 km) will count towards your 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour seeding! 

Online entries for this league and funride on Sunday 26 February 2017 are still available until Monday 20 February. Limited late entries (at the late entry fee) will be available at the event.

Why could this event not count towards Argus 2017. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How else do you get riders to ride the same roads funride after funride? Particularly that smelly section through the livestock farms?

Why could this event not count towards Argus 2017. 

Maybe because the Argus 2017 seeding is already done?

Maybe because the Argus 2017 seeding is already done?

yes, and that is my point. Why so early when there are still races left on the calendar.

yes, and that is my point. Why so early when there are still races left on the calendar.

Last race that looks like it counted toward the Argus seeding is last year's West Coast Express.

Last race that looks like it counted toward the Argus seeding is last year's West Coast Express.

Hmmm, so all the races in January counts for nothing then.

Hmmm, so all the races in January counts for nothing then.

Looks like it. Both the Bouckaert-Soenen and the 99er have been taken to do the PPA seeding, but been left out of the Argus seeding.

I guess it is a balancing act between leaving it as late as possible to use the most up to date results and getting it out as early as possible for logistical reasons.

And yes, that leaves us with official seeding races that take place too early to be particularly useful for the top half of the field, the time penalty probably would not affect the backmarkers much

I guess it is a balancing act between leaving it as late as possible to use the most up to date results and getting it out as early as possible for logistical reasons.

And yes, that leaves us with official seeding races that take place too early to be particularly useful for the top half of the field, the time penalty probably would not affect the backmarkers much

I dont know why its done the way its done but I would say if you have an entry then logistics done. Just need a start time. Two weeks before the event should be fine as well for this? Also if races dont count towards Stellenbosch tour or Cape Town tour, then less people will wanna do it?

35,000 numbers need to be printed and bundled perhaps?

35,000 numbers need to be printed and bundled perhaps?

Sometimes there is a straight forward, common, practical answer to a question .. 

Race entry for sale at 1/2 price

PM ME

Struggling with my lungs

I've had to get a TUE and won't race because of moral grounds ????????????

PM ME

Struggling with my lungs

I've had to get a TUE and won't race because of moral grounds

Mmmh, tempted.  :whistling:

PM ME

Struggling with my lungs

I've had to get a TUE and won't race because of moral grounds

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  aren't you supposed to NOT TAKE the TUE due to moral grounds... :ph34r:

:lol: :lol: :lol: aren't you supposed to NOT TAKE the TUE due to moral grounds... :ph34r:

You see the funny ????

Good

***followed by uncontrollable coughing spell and wheezing***

Archived