[Event] Bouckaert Soenen Paarl Road Race

Paarl Rotary

Just an observation: The PPA marshal at the start explained the rules very well to the league riders. Still numerous VC, VB and probably VA riders hitched a free ride with the A batch to potentially get away from their bunch or to catch up with their bunch.

I just don't understand why you even sign up to ride league if you have zero regard for the rules anyway. This is cheating plain and simple.

I am not a league rider but started in A batch and this was just something I observed. Did not have any impact on my race but probably on the honest riders in their league groups

The A group guys that were caught were actually guys that got dropped from what I saw, I could have not seen everything, nonetheless as you say it is not allowed. The main A bunch was far ahead of VA afaik. Another thing that was explained by marshal was cutting across the white line would not be tolerated. I saw most of the VA , VB bunch ride most of the way in the middle and regularly someone would cross the line. This is not allowed and dangerous as there was no full road closure. I cringed a few times seeing riders cross the line on a rise with traffic coming in opposite direction. When I drove up behind A bunch on the R44 as well the same was been done and it seemed purely to gain a place further up in peleton. Edited by Cippo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The A group guys that were caught were actually guys that got dropped from what I saw, I could have not seen everything, nonetheless as you say it is not allowed. The main A bunch was far ahead of VA afaik. Another thing that was explained by marshal was cutting across the white line would not be tolerated. I saw most of the VA , VB bunch ride most of the way in the middle and regularly someone would cross the line. This is not allowed and dangerous as there was no full road closure. I cringed a few times seeing riders cross the line on a rise with traffic coming in opposite direction. When I drove up behind A bunch on the R44 as well the same was been done and it seemed purely to gain a place further up in peleton.

It is the other way around. The a bunch caught some lone riders of the earlier start groups and they hook onto the a bunch. We caught a small vc group just outside Wellington and some of them sticked with us till the end. Edited by Breezer

The A group guys that were caught were actually guys that got dropped from what I saw, I could have not seen everything, nonetheless as you say it is not allowed. The main A bunch was far ahead of VA afaik. Another thing that was explained by marshal was cutting across the white line would not be tolerated. I saw most of the VA , VB bunch ride most of the way in the middle and regularly someone would cross the line. This is not allowed and dangerous as there was no full road closure. I cringed a few times seeing riders cross the line on a rise with traffic coming in opposite direction. When I drove up behind A bunch on the R44 as well the same was been done and it seemed purely to gain a place further up in peleton.

Yeah, the 'white wall' rule is broken lots

Especially with the Cape Doc in office ???? ????

What a Race......

Some numbers for those Interested

Time +-3:20

Avg Power = 229

Normalized Power = 267

@ 65 kg

Next year this race should end top of Taal Monument..

Can we get a partition going for this? :ph34r:  :ph34r:

What a Race......

Some numbers for those Interested

Time +-3:20

Avg Power = 229

Normalized Power = 267

@ 65 kg

Next year this race should end top of Taal Monument..

Can we get a partition going for this? :ph34r:  :ph34r:

More importantly, what was your sock type and length?