[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Classic

PRFullstop

After the carnage at the Fast One . . . The "locals" , please can you advise on potholes and possible road hazards ?

How is the road down "sterkies" ?

The n14 part after oakree garage ?

thx 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Late entries will be accepted at the following registration venues:

Thursday 2 February: Cycle Lab Fourways 10h00 – 17h00

Friday 3 February: Cradestone Mall 10h00 – 17h00

It's like the earth in relation to the sun in summer vs winter... closer, but still millions of miles away.

Even if they don't use the perm number system, why can't they allow on the day entries like 95% of other sports? :thumbdown:  MTB , Triathlons , Running, Swimming....to name a few.

Please advise if the route is 102km like 2015 or is it 93km as shown when following the route on the map provided. Seems as if a section for the 2015 route has been removed. The Ventersdorp section. Is this right?

After the carnage at the Fast One . . . The "locals" , please can you advise on potholes and possible road hazards ?

thx

Aren't you one of the "locals"?

thx 

The road surface is 100% better than yesterdays Fast One. Down Sterkies its not smoove but no potholes when we did it two weeks ago

I am more worried about traffic control on the following sections  From turnoff to Magalies and from Maropeng road back to caves road. This section is a real problem

ASG please give us some info.

There has been a lot of complaints about marshalling spesific to ASG events. Last year at Berge en Dale aparantly some intersections did not have any marshalls on duty (from hearsay)

This race is on a very busy road with some extremely dangerous sections.

Please give us a headsup on safety measures and traffic control

Next weekend’s Bestmed Berge en Dale Championship, presented by Optimum Financial Services, will see the biggest contingent of Road Rangers ever present at an ASG road race.

Bestmed has concluded a sponsorship deal with the Road Rangers which will see them henceforth be known as the Bestmed Road Rangers.

The Road Rangers are the trusted motorbike marshalling crew who look after the safety of cyclists in all ASG road races - more than 20 Rangers will be on duty at the Bestmed Berge en Dale Championship.

Anyone know what the ascent is ? And perhaps the actually distance,race home page says 102km me thinks .

I only have Endomondo from last year which had total distance of 107.5 and ascent of 1204m.  The 2016 route was slightly different from 2015 as there is a right turn just after Heia onto R374 and then left onto R114 before joining N14 at Muldersdrift.

I get about 103km with about 1100m elevation gain

Berg%20en%20Dale_map.jpg

According to the ASG website your route is not correct, although that is not saying much. The ASG website is definitely not the best authority for ASG events. If you look at the asg posted route, it is 93km total. I think yours is maybe the 2015 route. Got a feeling it will probably be the 2015 route and they made the mistake.

Berg%20en%20Dale_map.jpg

According to the ASG website your route is not correct, although that is not saying much. The ASG website is definitely not the best authority for ASG events. If you look at the asg posted route, it is 93km total. I think yours is maybe the 2015 route. Got a feeling it will probably be the 2015 route and they made the mistake.

Let's "wait" and see...