[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Classic

PRFullstop

Were you part of the group that got passed by the VB?

A little bit of negative riding, but all in all, a lekker race to kick start the season!

Was also in that VA group. Was a pity as i reckon we slowed down alot. Was nice that the grouped worked really well. Thanks guys.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#awsome job by racetec - results up ... 

Apparently the new road resurface has much more steel underneath .. caused an issue with the signal bounce ...

What a c@ck up... one of the best results I have had and it won't help my seeding.

Think top 10 or so in bl with a 3h14...

Oh thanks to patch's advice .... Although it did hurt .

Edit:

Ooopppss my over exuberance .....missed the break obviously . Am well chuffed though.

Kudo's to racetech

Jip there's a lot of missing results, but you can log a query on the Racetec website and submit proof via garmin Fit files or whatever you were using.  The guys are generally very helpful at Racetec.  Also submitted my query just now.

had good fun in AL , after last weeks "wheelsucker" tread , I did actually went to the front and worked in the group behind break away . . .  while having fun . . . 

see you all at Ride for Sight !

had good fun in AL , after last weeks "wheelsucker" tread , I did actually went to the front and worked in the group behind break away . . .  while having fun . . . 

What kit were you riding in?

The first chasing group of AL was *** lazy

I'm really disappointed with the organizers of this race.

They charge R390 for a race, which in my opinion is far below standards of a lot of other races, such as carnival City.

No one at ASG is able to confirm the exact distance - map on website shows 97km, registration showed 102km, the announcer at the start indicated 105km and all Garmins gave 107km?! How is this the only race with this issue?

The leading half of the elite bunch got sent the wrong way after Krugersdorp hill - we had to turn around and chase, with the majority of the group never making it back. This was due to very poor marshaling (I don't think the marshals were expecting us so soon). 

The rail way track was also not covered and resulted in several punctures. Apparently it was only covered for the later racing groups.

For the amount of money that ASG charges, one would expect all of the above "basics" to be dealt with.

It's such a fantastic route, it's just a shame that ASG seems more interested in screwing everyone out of their money than putting on a world class race...

What kit were you riding in?

The first chasing group of AL was *** lazy

I was in the camo grey with red stripe REPS kit , 

Came to the front on ventersdorp rd and stayed there abouts till the group started to split in the cradle at rhino and lion park after the panda kit oke decided to ride off the front. 

The leading half of the elite bunch got sent the wrong way after Krugersdorp hill - we had to turn around and chase, with the majority of the group never making it back. This was due to very poor marshaling (I don't think the marshals were expecting us so soon). 

Nope.

Just a person not interested or maybe she WANTED to be a problem.

Sent the VB front group also in the wrong direction.

I was in the camo grey with red stripe REPS kit , 

Came to the front on ventersdorp rd and stayed there abouts till the group started to split in the cradle at rhino and lion park after the panda kit oke decided to ride off the front. 

Oo ok. There were 3 splits on the first climb.

6 went free of which 5 stayed together til the end, then it was our group of around 8 maybe 9 guys and then it was you guys?

I think you guys caught us with like 5km to go? We more or less finished all together 

Oo ok. There were 3 splits on the first climb.

6 went free of which 5 stayed together til the end, then it was our group of around 8 maybe 9 guys and then it was you guys?

I think you guys caught us with like 5km to go? We more or less finished all together 

jip !

had good fun in AL , after last weeks "wheelsucker" tread , I did actually went to the front and worked in the group behind break away . . . while having fun . . .

Man this bunch was frustrating, I tried to force the group to pick up the pace by breaking away at the end of the Ventersdorp rode, just before the cradle entry...only one guy tried to bridge albeit a bit late.

Pity there weren't more guys working up front as overall results for the pack could've been better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 9 months later...

So, the 2018 date for this event is Saturday 17 February, and Dischem Ride for Sight event is scheduled for the next day, Sunday 18 February. Wasn’t Berge en Dale always earlier in the month?

So, the 2018 date for this event is Saturday 17 February, and Dischem Ride for Sight event is scheduled for the next day, Sunday 18 February. Wasn’t Berge en Dale always earlier in the month?

Man o man, how hard can it be not to have races the same weekend?

Berge en Dale usually the first weekend?

Taken from ASG website

"The Bestmed Berge en Dale Road Championship takes place in its traditional slot on Saturday 4 February 2017 while the MTB Championship will take place on Sunday 5 February 2017."

Yeah, it was a week earlier.

This seems to be a repeat of the Tshwane/Wilro/Mangaung mess... ????????????

Challenge to do both?