Metal and Resin brake disk pads

HowardSteele

So when changing brake disk pads again.. and I have reached the conclusion that Calipers have a dominant and a non dominant side ...and always seem to wear down one pad a lot quicker than the other (the dominant)

So I was thinking of running a metal disk on the dominant and a resin disk on the non dominant sides.

as i only thought of this after i took out the old worn pads i'll have to wait until the new ones wear down  so i can make a note Although i would assume the piston on the hose banjo side probably responds a touch faster and does more work.

So when changing brake disk pads again.. and I have reached the conclusion that Calipers have a dominant and a non dominant side ...and always seem to wear down one pad a lot quicker than the other (the dominant)

So I was thinking of running a metal disk on the dominant and a resin disk on the non dominant sides.

as i only thought of this after i took out the old worn pads i'll have to wait until the new ones wear down  so i can make a note Although i would assume the piston on the hose banjo side probably responds a touch faster and does more work.

Something wrong with the caliper piston on that "non-dominant" side.

Mine have always worn even, maybe try giving the pistons a clean

Putting different pads on opposite sides of the same disc - different friction factors so you'll get different retarding forces that will "twist" the disc while it rotates under braking. Recipe for brake squeal IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by JXV