Cyclist down Tokai Road 5th Feb

cadenceblur

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ja - read a news website and get assaulted with the mayhem, open the hub and every few days someone getting killed or badly hurt - a person gets a kind of emotional fatigue from all of this.

I can't keep up with all the tragedy now

Alan Windes office is open late on a Thursday (will confirm) to "chat" why can't we go and see him with evidence from previous hit and runs and ask what is being done about them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did Alan Winde have to say about all the mayhem on our roads last night?

was on the scene just after it happened, cyclist in question had passed us just meters before then, still quite can't figure out what happened.

from what we saw he did not look good at all, knee/leg was complete other way knee cap complete busted, he was out cold and for a long time, actually i'm trying not to recap/rethink as it was a horror sight, especially for me coming through there on my bike.

my brother and i, managed to slow/stop and divert traffic, as there was another cyclist he also just passed us as well as a motorcyclist who stopped to assist with the guy.

if anyone has any info, would be good, but the cyclist did not look in any good way

Terrible to have to see a fellow cyclist in that state. And terrible for a cyclist to be in that state.

I drive along Rhodes Drive twice a day, I'm really worried about the mountain bikers riding towards Kirstenbosch against the traffic on the path right next to a very twisty and narrow road.

What did Alan Winde have to say about all the mayhem on our roads last night?

Last night? There wasn't much traffic last night,most sensible individuals left town long before rush hour.... in fact 28 mins Town to Airport at 17:15 has got to be some kind of rush hour record....

**Note: if u were trying to bait me then I did actually clarify that every FIRST Thursday of the month his office is open***

Last night? There wasn't much traffic last night,most sensible individuals left town long before rush hour.... in fact 28 mins Town to Airport at 17:15 has got to be some kind of rush hour record....

**Note: if u were trying to bait me then I did actually clarify that every FIRST Thursday of the month his office is open***

My bad, I thought last night was the first Thursday. It's either age or stupidity that makes when lose track of time.

I was genuinely interested what his reaction was. But don't bother.

My bad, I thought last night was the first Thursday. It's either age or stupidity that makes when lose track of time.

I was genuinely interested what his reaction was. But don't bother.

In fighting won't help our cause. As it was I was planning on going in March but I'm going to be in Knysna that week for work so won't help....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm Mark the guy that was knocked over on Tokai road on the Sunday 5th February on my mtb.2 weeks today! Thanks for all the encouragement and concern and for a great site, just registered now. I am at home recovering after a shoulder dislocation and damaged arm and a lot of cuts which are healing nicely. Might be another month or 2 till I can return to work as an self employed Electrician as the shoulder could take that long to heal. In the meantime I've heard nothing from the detective in charge of my case to if he was prosecuted for hit and run and other charges.I did hear from them that they had Footage from the CCTV cameras.. Hope this person stands up to his cowardly disregard for life and compensates me for my losses.

will keep you up to date with the progress

To those whose suffered from accidents caused by motorists. Hope you heal fast and keep on cycling. They will pay someday, especially those hit and run cowards who think they invincible and above the law.

Cheers

Mark

Hi. I'm Mark the guy that was knocked over on Tokai road on the Sunday 5th February on my mtb.2 weeks today! Thanks for all the encouragement and concern and for a great site, just registered now. I am at home recovering after a shoulder dislocation and damaged arm and a lot of cuts which are healing nicely. Might be another month or 2 till I can return to work as an self employed Electrician as the shoulder could take that long to heal. In the meantime I've heard nothing from the detective in charge of my case to if he was prosecuted for hit and run and other charges.I did hear from them that they had Footage from the CCTV cameras.. Hope this person stands up to his cowardly disregard for life and compensates me for my losses.

To those whose suffered from accidents caused by motorists. Hope you heal fast and keep on cycling. They will pay someday, especially those hit and run cowards who think they invincible and above the law.

Cheers

Mark

Glad you're with us to tell the tale Mark - hope they catch the bugger.

Cheers
Mark

Hi. I'm Mark ...

Cheers

Mark

Hey Mark

Strength to you and those around you.  Wishing you all the best going forward.  Keep a positive attitude as best you can.  Thanks for letting us know you are on the mend.

g

Thanks for taking the time to visit here and share your experience Mark! Grateful that you're still with us and this did not end up worse!

Crazy to consider that in real life situations like this happen. Sorry that you had to go through this!

Hoping you heal up fast and you do get some justice that gives you the necessary peace to get beyond this!

Archived