Where to buy extra long B screw in Cape Town?

brucem76

Got a Sunrace 42t wide range cassette. Derraileur now locks up when on big chain ring and 42t cog. Anyone know where I can get extra long B screw?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Take you current B-screw to bolt-it and ask them for a longer screw with the same thread. Only problem with this is they have a minimum sale value of R5.

They do supply a b-screw with the cassette, and it is supposed to work. Maybe check if your derailleur has the "knuckle", because when I did my 1x conversion, that was the issue, and had to source one.

They do supply a b-screw with the cassette, and it is supposed to work. Maybe check if your derailleur has the "knuckle", because when I did my 1x conversion, that was the issue, and had to source one.

Who supplies a b-screw? Bought a Sunrace 11-42 cassette from CWC, no b-screw?

Who supplies a b-screw? Bought a Sunrace 11-42 cassette from CWC, no b-screw?]

I bought mine from Rapide, and the B-screw was inside the box. Anyhow,if it is not supplied, take the current B-screw to any bolt and nut shop, and request a longer screw. It opens up the option whether you want to use a allen key head,or screwdriver. Hope you get sorted.

Most normal nut and bolt supplier.  Action bolt is where I got mine.  Std tread and diameter.  Nothing fancy at all.  Hardware  store will have but not SS but it will do a temp fix.

Managed to fix the problem a better way. The maths says that adding 6 teeth on biggest cog means increasing chain by 1.5 links. So I put 2 links on, and it can now handle biggest chainring with biggest cog. Not a combo I plan to use, but nice to know my derailleur won't lock up and break if I change into it by mistake.

After been quoted a silly amount of money for a b-screw at the LBS, i just wheeled my bike into Builders Warehouse and bought a normal bronze screw off the shelf. Cost me 30 cents. When I take my bike in for a service now, I can see the mechanics have a double take at my Meneer hardware screw in the back of my dainty derailleur, but it works perfectly well, same spec etc.

After been quoted a silly amount of money for a b-screw at the LBS, i just wheeled my bike into Builders Warehouse and bought a normal bronze screw off the shelf. Cost me 30 cents. When I take my bike in for a service now, I can see the mechanics have a double take at my Meneer hardware screw in the back of my dainty derailleur, but it works perfectly well, same spec etc.

I would not use a bronze or brass screw as it is too soft and will break - a steel one is better and a high tensile steel screw is best.

Archived