Pure Savage Race Report: 99er Cycle Tour

Pure Savage

The South African National Road Champs, Tankwa Trek, TransCape MTB as well as the World Triathlon Series did little to thwart the spirits of the thousands of riders that lined up to ride the 99er Cycle Tour in Durbanville on Saturday. Owing to this fact the lack of firepower up front was clearly evident and naturally left us foaming at the mouth at the possibilities that lay ahead. There were however a couple of teams that would make our goal of podium tough work – namely, the lads from UCT Cycling who were here in full force as well as a couple Giants and one or two Stellenbosch Pro Cycling chaps lurking in the shadows.

Click here to view the article

Nice report Savage, was my first time in the front bunch since 2014. I was chilling at the back of the group wondering "Did I became much stronger the past 3 years or did the front bunch became slower?"

Now I know its not me that became stronger  :thumbdown:

Nice report Savage, was my first time in the front bunch since 2014. I was chilling at the back of the group wondering "Did I became much stronger the past 3 years or did the front bunch became slower?"

Hopefully it helps seeding and spend some more time in A/$! 

What was not mentioned in the report was how well ridden the $ bunch rode. There was no crashes or complete retardedness. Was mighty impressed. Have seen some big crashes in the past at the 99er in $.

Yeah, most of the powerhouses were at SA Champs

Because last year, there were no tea drinking and discussing the state of SA Rugby in the middle of the bunch... It was a lactic acid fest from km 0.2

What was not mentioned in the report was how well ridden the $ bunch rode. There was no crashes or complete retardedness. Was mighty impressed. Have seen some big crashes in the past at the 99er in $.

The windmill oke in the white kit who only had his small blade, going like a crazy spinning instructor over the rollers

He blerrie did well hey 

Wish I could've GoPro'ed that

Edited by 'Dale

i must agree, the group was very well behaved.

It was my first time in $ and at the 26km mark you all told me to f#&@ off. i now no my limitation or just keep trying and one day when im big ill stay for a bit longer. :thumbup:

you were maybe over trained or something bud. the group was nice and relaxed until the turn-off on the N7 going for Vissers'

That spinning windmill guy rides like that in every single race. He should just remove his big ring and shifter.

Crazy  :blink:

Firs time I see him

I stayed away from him just in case he bumps his chin on his Garmin and lose control of his bike

you were maybe over trained or something bud. the group was nice and relaxed until the turn-off on the N7 going for Vissers'

You are right, but even a relaxed day in $ bunch is a step up from % and the other groups.

Hamstring - Road cycling would be pretty boring if you won group $ on your first attempt...

That spinning windmill guy rides like that in every single race. He should just remove his big ring and shifter.

Found him on strava, was so bleak that he does not have a cadence sensor connected to his garmin!