YT reveal smaller wheeled Jeffsy 27 trail bike

News bot

Weren't Travelstart showing out R4K flights to Portugal? Actually I have to go back to the UK for a month to deal with my Mom's estate in the near future. Hummmm... Any one want to purchase a very awesome, imaccualte Transition Smuggler??? :)

Weren't Travelstart showing out R4K flights to Portugal? Actually I have to go back to the UK for a month to deal with my Mom's estate in the near future. Hummmm... Any one want to purchase a very awesome, imaccualte Transition Smuggler??? :)

Dude at R30k, one's inclined to pull out the N+1 card here.  Ok wait, I just realised how ridiculous that sounded...the bar for what's cheap has been demolished.

Dude at R30k, one's inclined to pull out the N+1 card here.  Ok wait, I just realised how ridiculous that sounded...the bar for what's cheap has been demolished.

hahahahahahaha! 

I remember you deliberating about that last time. How times have changed, eh?

Yeah I tried that when I bought the Smuggler... then built up the 160mm DeeDar Steel hardtail under the guise 'no honey it's YOUR bike, now we're teaching the little rug rat to ride, you'll need a bike to go around the common with him'. Not sure if the YT can be slipped in as the my sons' step up from the balance bike. 

Update: 

The start of a plan... 

post-15825-0-04093400-1487164067_thumb.png

Edited by hellocolour

I am p*ssing myself at the industry right now.

All of a sudden we're swinging back towards trail bikes with more sensible geometry numbers as our go-to bike.  A year ago people were falling over themselves to try and get more travel, slacker angles and longer wheelbases on everything. In 2015 short travel, but slack AF was the rage.  Next year?  Mid-travel, and efficient angles? *GASP* You mean like bikes were in 2014?

And guess what, you're still going to ride the way you rode, with the people you rode, where you rode.

So as always, #gof*ckyourselfbikeindustry

Ya my "ancient" 26er is now more on the money than ever. And if you read the first ride review of the 27 Jeffsy, it sounds like there is barely any difference between it and the Capra except it pedals up hills better. The bike industry is such a fun place. As someone else put it - think of something a few people will want and then convince everyone else they need it too. 

Ya my "ancient" 26er is now more on the money than ever. And if you read the first ride review of the 27 Jeffsy, it sounds like there is barely any difference between it and the Capra except it pedals up hills better. The bike industry is such a fun place. As someone else put it - think of something a few people will want and then convince everyone else they need it too. 

The way I read it is that the Capra is the Enduro Bruiser / Tank. Give it anything and it'll just take it on regardless. Steamrolling over everything in its path. The bicycle equivalent of Tito Ortiz. Not great on the ups, but when it gathers steam - look out. 

The Jeffsy 27, on the other hand, is the bouncing, leaping form of Connor McGregor. Calculated, light and precise. But punches above its weight class. Goes damn fast up and down.

The mid-rut line changer & rock hopper, vs the DILLIGAF get out my way kinda ride. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

"An adept climber and a fun loving descender, the Jeffsy 27 felt like the culmination of both the Jeffsy 29 and indeed, the Capra, when confronting a variety of wildly contrasting terrain types. While distinctions must be made between the Jeffsy 27 and the Capra, the versatility to tackle aggressive terrain will suit those of us who spend most of their time extracting the fun from the kind of trails where a Capra would be nothing short of overkill, but similarly, like to push personal boundaries from time to time"

The way I read it is that the Capra is the Enduro Bruiser / Tank. Give it anything and it'll just take it on regardless. Steamrolling over everything in its path. The bicycle equivalent of Tito Ortiz. Not great on the ups, but when it gathers steam - look out. 

The Jeffsy 27, on the other hand, is the bouncing, leaping form of Connor McGregor. Calculated, light and precise. But punches above its weight class. Goes damn fast up and down.

The mid-rut line changer & rock hopper, vs the DILLIGAF get out my way kinda ride. 

I think you need one of each Myles. So does YT.

I think you need one of each Myles. So does YT.

LOL. 

TBH I tried a Jeffsy niner at Paarl one day. Had a couple of runs late in the day to see what all the fuss was about. 

DAMN, that thing is fast. It's really fun, but it felt SUPER taut where my Reign just didn't give a feck. Felt like it wanted to pop off everything and anything and just have a jol, whereas the reign just wanted me to go bigger and harder (which I'm still trying to do) The reign was faster, no doubt, and I had more control through the rough stuff on my tank, but I can see the appeal. 

For me though, it just felt too... trail bikey. It was capable, yes. But it was on the edge. As a complement to the reign it would be perfect for places like the Tygerberg trails or under someone who loves the ups just as much as the downs. 

If the 27 is just like that, but in a 650, then it'll also be a rad complementary bike. And I'll be able to switch wheels. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew