Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

any chance you guys will be able to include more hilly courses/routes?

these short, flat races are becoming a bit boring and one sided

Last year they hosted spring races at Piketberg (which had the biggest climb I have ever done in a road race) & one at Caledon which I heard had some proper climbing.

Hopefully they will repeat them this year, the thing is for proper hilly routes other than Vissershok and Tiekiedraai you need to drive out a bit

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WPCA is definitely going to do a Piketberg race again this year as that was loved by all that took part. Caledon was also very well received so I am pretty sure they will host this race again unless traffic of local govt rejects the application.

Redhill race was rejected because of the road work in that area as that was planned for April as well.

The race on the 30th of April is going to be loads of fun though with a very deceiving course on paper just because there is no big climb doesnt mean its pan flat. This will be the race for the strong boys and the sprinters will be bleeding out of their eyes to hold on.

Last year they hosted spring races at Piketberg (which had the biggest climb I have ever done in a road race) & one at Caledon which I heard had some proper climbing.

Hopefully they will repeat them this year, the thing is for proper hilly routes other than Vissershok and Tiekiedraai you need to drive out a bit

there was suppose to be a Red Hill race scheduled for sometime in April as well - not sure what happened to that

I take it that the 3-day tour scheduled previously for 29 April - 01 May will now also fall away.

Seeing that the 7 Sirs Group race is now scheduled for 30 April.

I have to say, I'm really not impressed by the WP cycling website.

Total lack of event information and dates.

Really difficult to plan my teams racing calendar when dates are only available up to end April (which is 2 weeks away).

What happened to the time trail events? Will there still be any?

I take it that the 3-day tour scheduled previously for 29 April - 01 May will now also fall away.

Seeing that the 7 Sirs Group race is now scheduled for 30 April.

I have to say, I'm really not impressed by the WP cycling website.

Total lack of event information and dates.

Really difficult to plan my teams racing calendar when dates are only available up to end April (which is 2 weeks away).

What happened to the time trail events? Will there still be any?

Hi build2race

I totally understand your frustrations with the WPCA website and believe me when I tell you that I have been on their backs to get our event up on their site for the last 2-3 weeks already.

I had a meeting with the WPCA and they are on the right track and they are aware of our frustrations.

I will get a list of all races planned with dates for the next 3 months and update on here as well as get them to update their website ASAP.

Hi build2race

I totally understand your frustrations with the WPCA website and believe me when I tell you that I have been on their backs to get our event up on their site for the last 2-3 weeks already.

I had a meeting with the WPCA and they are on the right track and they are aware of our frustrations.

I will get a list of all races planned with dates for the next 3 months and update on here as well as get them to update their website ASAP.

Thanks Bankie99,

That will be a massive help.

Good luck with your event. Love the route. Makes for some hard racing, especially if there is cross-winds (hopefully).

Thanks Bankie99,

That will be a massive help.

Good luck with your event. Love the route. Makes for some hard racing, especially if there is cross-winds (hopefully).

Thanks bud

btw which team are you racing for?

Hi build2race

If you could get them to put the results up that would be a great start!

Bankie, Kwaai interview on Heart this morning!!!

KUDOS to you and the club boet

Yeah, lekka interview

Helmet in studio for protection en alles

You're doing good work for the cycling community, Bankie' *high five*

Yeah, lekka interview

Helmet in studio for protection en alles

You're doing good work for the cycling community, Bankie' *high five*

They requested that I come into studio in full club kit and helmet and shoes and bicycle into the studio as well.

It was a really awesome experience and hopefully through all of this I can get road cycling to a higher level and also try and get my bums on saddles.

They requested that I come into studio in full club kit and helmet and shoes and bicycle into the studio as well.

It was a really awesome experience and hopefully through all of this I can get road cycling to a higher level and also try and get my bums on saddles.

Bankie - Could you possibly assist : I mailed WPCA but have not received a response. Currently I am CAT 2 ( did the big bay crit) and I would like to move up to CAT 1 for next weekends race.

I have a CSA license but are not part of a club. If I join a club - lets say Maties - will I be able to enter Cat1? Or will I have to apply for a WP racing license as well?