Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

Bankie - Could you possibly assist : I mailed WPCA but have not received a response. Currently I am CAT 2 ( did the big bay crit) and I would like to move up to CAT 1 for next weekends race.

I have a CSA license but are not part of a club. If I join a club - lets say Maties - will I be able to enter Cat1? Or will I have to apply for a WP racing license as well?

To race in CAT 1 you need a full racing license which requires you to be a member of a CSA/WPCA affiliated club. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DON'T MISS OUT!

Early Bird entries close for the 7 Sir's Circuit Race closes at midnight on Wednesday(Tomorrow) night.

Once early bird entries close, online entries will be R250.00 for CAT 1, 2 & 3.

The open category entries will stay at R100.00 online and on the day.

U15 & U17 entries will be R50.00, entries will only be taken on the day.

Please follow the link for more information on the race.

https://www.facebook.com/WPCycling

https://www.facebook.com/cyclopathsclub/

post-41373-0-82991700-1493116391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bankie99

Bankie - Any idea when the full results for the last couple of races will be up?

We are having a WP meeting tonight but I know that the outstanding results are a priority currently. I will get you some more info on that tonight.

We are having a WP meeting tonight but I know that the outstanding results are a priority currently. I will get you some more info on that tonight.

Awesome, thank you!

Does anyone know when the next WP roads events are going to be held and published so that that the people that they would like to support them can plan properly....

Other than begging and sending emails with no response it's become laughable. 

Dont dare question them on their facebook page or you get some sarky comment about the organizers being volunteers and doing it out of there own free will.

Edited by kent77

Does anyone know when the next WP roads events are going to be held and published so that that the people that they would like to support them can plan properly....

Dont dare question them on their facebook page or you get some sarky comment about the organizers being volunteers and doing it out of there own free will.

I would also like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the answer here is that the winter program is not finalised yet? Unlikely that they would keep it a secret from you just to be snarky

Maybe the answer here is that the winter program is not finalised yet? Unlikely that they would keep it a secret from you just to be snarky

I have sent an email requesting details with zero follow up. Have the decency to reply to emails even if you have not completed the events program. We support them week in week out. Also not posting results timeously is disrespectful to riders who put in the time and effort to train and support these events. Yes I know these people are volunteers and it's difficult to organize these events with limit resources but it's still no excuse to be mediocre. No I'm not going to get involved to improve events. I race bikes and not organize events. We all have choices.

Edited by kent77

7 May Burgundy Crit , 14 May Ottery Crit , 21 May Zeekoevlei crit - from memory - cant remember the june or july dates , venues , blah blah blah.WP say fb / website will be updated next week when the staff are 'paid' (LOL)  long road races from Sept to Dec regardless of other organisations events are being planned.

The results issue was raised in the meeting and they are hoping to get the results out as a matter of urgency.

7 May - Burgundy Estate - Crits

14 May - Ottery - Crits

21 May - Zeekoevlei - Crits

4 or 11 June - Ysterplaat or Wingfield naval base - Circuit race

18 June - Paarden Island - Crits(Tiletoria circuit)

2 July - Somerset lakes - ??

30 July - Killarney - circuit race

The website will be update hopefully by the weekend.

WPCA had a big exec meeting on Monday and lots of responsibilities have now been shared so hopefully this will mean better management.

Also WPCA and PPA are meeting next week to speak about future races so that they dont have races that clashes in future.

Do not know if anyone has been to the 7 sirs website.

http://www.sevensirs.co.za/team.html

But seeing as they sponsors cycling I went to check them out. 

Someone needs to let them know that the scrolling image is just too much. Well for me it is. It may be that it is just scrolling too fast but I had to leave the site as it was nauseating. If anyone knows them let them know that it may be an issue for others as well. 

Do not know if anyone has been to the 7 sirs website.

http://www.sevensirs.co.za/team.html

But seeing as they sponsors cycling I went to check them out. 

Someone needs to let them know that the scrolling image is just too much. Well for me it is. It may be that it is just scrolling too fast but I had to leave the site as it was nauseating. If anyone knows them let them know that it may be an issue for others as well. 

Hi ****

Thanks for checking out our sponsors website and thanks for the feedback reg the site.

I will communicate this to them as you might not be the only person that feels this way. 

Personally it doesnt bother me much but thanks for the feedback and I have forward it to 7 Sirs Group management. 

Hope to see you on Sunday.

Edited by Bankie99

Some more great news regarding the race on Sunday!!

We will be giving prizes to the leader in CAT1, 2, 3 and ladies after the 1st lap so make sure that you cross the line in the lead.

Prizes are:
1 Pair of uvex sports style sunglasses 
1 free bike wash n lube and minor service from Cycles Alive

Main prizes are:
Medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in all the racing CAT1,2,3, ladies and juniors u17 & u15.
1 Pair of uvex sports style sunglasses for the winners in each racing CAT's.
Prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in all the racing CAT's except juniors.
Juniors u17 & u15 will get special prizes as well.

http://www.cyclesalive.co.za/