Durbanville Group Rides

AllAboutRides

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Durbanville? Will leave 7.30 in winter?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Are you shirley on the sportsworld chat [emoji41]

Are you shirley on the sportsworld chat [emoji41]

Yebo...it is I

• 7 months later...

Hi. Need a contact for the sportsworld group rides pls. MTB

Weekly details on the SW webperseel

Or ping them directly as they're a member here ????????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hahahahahahahahahaha....terrain dependant though avg pace between 15-20km/h

Oh .. you have me in stitches Fox3 happy travels at whatever speed you ride!

I'm in Durbanville? Will leave 7.30 in winter?

Hi Shirls,

I'm a roadie, live in Van Riebeeckshof and I am interested to ride this Sunday 6 May) morning at 7:30 or 8 - 11 are you available -Ps: my average speed is similar to yours.

Please let me know asap.

Hi, are there any group road rides from the Durbanville area on Saturday mornings? Approximately 90 - 120 km @ 30km/h avg.

We go out on Saturdays or Sundays, depending on what day suits the most guys. We meet at the crossing of Bottlary and Brackenfell Boulevard.

• 9 months later...

Hi Hubbers,

Can't remember if it was asked before, but there is some kind of gravel route here in Durbanville where you can do 80km - 100km loop?

Please share if you know something about this.

Best Regards

Hi Hubbers,

Can't remember if it was asked before, but there is some kind of gravel route here in Durbanville where you can do 80km - 100km loop?

Best Regards

At the moment, a variation on slent is your best bet although much ends up being on tar (pm me if you want details). The club will also be developing some new trails which will be gently undulating singletrack in the farmlands which you'd be able to incorporate into a dirt road loop to get you some good hours in the saddle.

You can also consider going out adderley road, left at the T and again left onto Van Schoorsdrif road to Capaia where you can ride their trails which are uncomplicated singletrack.

Hi Hubbers,

Best Regards

I plan some longer rides for W2W training. I was thinking Traverse->Nitida->Hillcrest->Contermans->Corridor->Hoogekraal->Malanshoogte->Vissershok->Meerendal

Dunno what that distance would be but likely close to 70/80?

post-30607-0-26349700-1550748338_thumb.jpg

Added the dirt roads on the map (not exact or scale)

You probably thinking of the BLUE route option. Return via Bottelary approx 85km.

Or go Hoogstede road - exit on R44 for coffee/lunch at Bistro 44 and return - approx 85km

Add the GREEN loop for another 40km (plus get fresh cool water at paarl mountain stream)

Add PINK loop for about 120 km

Or park in Wellington and do PINK loop for about 100 km (lunch/coffee in Riebeek Kasteel)

Hi everyone

I just had an awesome early morning MTB ride at Contermanskloof :D

I recently bought a road bike and I'd like to take it out for a proper spin tomorrow (Sunday 23 February 2019). I'd ideally like to cycle with someone for safety and the social thing humans sometimes do. I don't mind what bike you use if you decide to join. I'm flexible, promise.

I'm thinking of starting at around 07:00 to avoid the heat. I stay in Sonstraal, Durbanville. I'm not a hardcore cyclist; I cycle for fun and fitness and I'm relatively new to cycling in general.

For those interested I'll probably aim for an average power output of 180w, but once again I'm flexible if someone joins :) . It's not a race, it's just fun, exploration, fitness.

I'm thinking, very roughly, of this route : https://www.strava.com/routes/17273795

which is about 39 KM in length. If someone joins who wants to go further, that'd be cool. A detour could be made for Hillcrest or the DairyShed for coffee, snacks, refreshments, etc.

The ride is a bit of an experiment because part of the ride is gravel and I have no idea how my road bike will deal with that - but it's a fairly short gravel segment, I think it'll be fine  :nuke:. I have cycled this route a few times on my mountain bike.

Feel free to send me a message if anyone's interested.

Just be aware that there is a PPA road event starting at Durbanville racecourse that is following part of your route via Tiekiedraai and to the fourway stop where you cross over to Malanshoogte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived