IRONMAN PE 2018 and CTCT 2018 over the same weekend

RFC311

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The East London 70.3 is now also too close to Ironman PE, so also a little confused by the big jump in the date. 

I wonder if our new minister of sports has anything to do with this, would explain the brain dead part

Also does not fall in school holidays from what I gather reading some of the FB comments once the Ironman PE date was announced.

Realistically, I reckon CTCT is pretty much a non event for someone doing IronMan

agreed, too much risk of injury before the ironman

Just heard now the Test match between Proteas and Australia will be held in PE over the weekend in March

that's just crazy!!!

agreed, too much risk of injury before the ironman

agreed however this year was suppose to be my first CTCT and that got cancelled so was planning on doing a easy CTCT 2018 and go all out for ironman

Just heard now the Test match between Proteas and Australia will be held in PE over the weekend in March

that's just crazy!!!

I am thinking of booking accommodation now... Hubby is going to be riveted with yet another expense. 

same here tried booking today almost fully booked most of the places we tried so on waiting list :cursing:  :thumbdown: 

I am thinking of booking accommodation now... Hubby is going to be riveted with yet another expense. 

not for me i'd really like to do it

I also know of other athletes that like to do both events as well. 

ha ha, this is quite funny. this is in comic sans, because whilst I'm obviously taking the piss - it's true.

Argus 40 000 people.

Ironman, ~2000?..of which maybe a third do the Argus too?

Thing is Ironman is so overhyped, overpriced, over egoed and all that. Uh mean it's the AFRICAN championships. (and also the only african event).

BUT yet the 600 odd okes who want to both are now getting their leotards in a knot because they can't get what they want??

Archived