[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might need to rent a kayak for sunday

think more a Land Rover to get through the possible pothole section that can easily be created by the rain experienced the past weekend when the trucks, etc use the roads especially to Heidelberg and heading backĀ 

Would someone be willing to enter me at registration? I can arrange a courier to pickup my number.

Bump

there was an extension to 22 April but yesterday was also to late. Just email of fb message the organizers and find out if they will have line entries

there was an extension to 22 April but yesterday was also to late. Just email of fb message the organizers and find out if they will have line entries

They have but I don't stay close to the city. Someone else can enter for me with number collection but to find that person is not easy.

They have but I don't stay close to the city. Someone else can enter for me with number collection but to find that person is not easy.

just make contact with ASG, they might help you

Iā€™m not impressed.

Itā€™s the East Rand Classic. Yet they show these wonderful number collections out north on Facebook, come to the east rand and there is a table and a gazebo. Thatā€™s it.

Sure thatā€™s all that is really needed, but when you have a race with an area name in its title then surely the setup for that area should be priority and the other pickup point as satellite points ?

Even the half arsed gazebo/expo they used to have was 100 times better.

Ā 

Sorry ASG, but this reeks of money making to me.

Ā 

I canā€™t say I will support this event again, itā€™s a pity as itā€™s right on my doorstep.

Iā€™m not impressed.

Itā€™s the East Rand Classic. Yet they show these wonderful number collections out north on Facebook, come to the east rand and there is a table and a gazebo. Thatā€™s it.

Sure thatā€™s all that is really needed, but when you have a race with an area name in its title then surely the setup for that area should be priority and the other pickup point as satellite points ?

Even the half arsed gazebo/expo they used to have was 100 times better.

Sorry ASG, but this reeks of money making to me.

I canā€™t say I will support this event again, itā€™s a pity as itā€™s right on my doorstep.

ASG a money making scheme????....... naaaaver

That broke me.

Ā 

Was in a nice bunch, at the 45km mark our average was 40kph, I was feeling good even though I was putting in serious effort to stay with them.

At the 45km mark a truck came past and the idiots upfront were not listening to any of the keep lefts and truck warnings being shouted out. The result was lots of swerving and evasive actions.

Ā 

I dropped back a bit as I didnt want to get tangled up in that, but that resulted in me being spat out.

Ā 

I put my head down and a few km later latched onto a diesel engine on a bike. This guy was riding like a frog with his legs out but man oh man was he strong. He pulled a few of us along for about 40km. A couple of us tried to help where we could but this oke was to strong, eventually at around the 80km mark I thanked him for the help and dropped off.

Ā 

From there I tried to hook up with one or 2 people but I was spent, I managed to drag myself over the line in 3:04.

Ā 

My Garmin says I spent 53% of my time in Zone 5 and 44% in zone 4. Ouch.

Ā 

Ā 

The start and finish was a stuff up though, no clear signage of where to go for the start chutes, and starting and finishing in the parking lot was not ideal. IMHO, they should have the chutes in teh parking area, but the actual start/finish should be between Jones rd and the Circle.