Specialized epic comp 29 2016

Roblillie

Hi there

I'm looking for some advice please.

My local bike shop has a fantastic deal on this bike. I'm a weekend warrior and I enjoy my cycling...is this bike for me ? Any good/bad points with regard to this bike ?

Many thanks.

Rob

Don't rush the purchase.

Ask them to test a camber and even a stumpjumper first before deciding.

Hi there

I'm looking for some advice please.

My local bike shop has a fantastic deal on this bike. I'm a weekend warrior and I enjoy my cycling...is this bike for me ? Any good/bad points with regard to this bike ?

Many thanks.

Rob

I have one, and I'm awesome! Go for it :-)

I have one, and I'm awesome! Go for it :-)

Honest reply - rode my mate's 2013 Epic before I bought my Sesta Pro and I absolutely hated it, whereas he thought it was the best thing on earth. Rule 1: test ride it and never, ever, ever... ever buy a bike on a whim. Especially one that expensive.

Honest reply - rode my mate's 2013 Epic before I bought my Sesta Pro and I absolutely hated it, whereas he thought it was the best thing on earth. Rule 1: test ride it and never, ever, ever... ever buy a bike on a whim. Especially one that expensive.

Agreed. I thought long and hard about mine, even although I'd had a 26" Epic previously.

Agreed. I thought long and hard about mine, even although I'd had a 26" Epic previously.

Yup, I went from an Anthem to the Sesta Pro and I could not believe how comfortable it was after having thought the Giant was the bee's knees. Just the frame size was a revelation. Both were large's but the Sesta's top tube was 3cm longer. That's why to me for ever now - ride, measure, test and sod the name. (And another thing - my mate bought the Epic second hand at a ludicrous discount - and then had to ride the components to death because he couldn't afford to replace them. Unless you are aware of component prices or have a wallet to match, beware the apparent discount)

Very personal choice that! Simple answer - they are amazing bikes! Will you like it? - depeneds on your riding style (if you are very into xc type of riding you will love it, if you love the downs alot more than the ups it's probably not the bike for you).

Archived