Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

bad sushi breakfast and X-lax. :thumbup:  but drink lots of water... :lol: 

Think of it as carbo-loading... :ph34r:

attachicon.gifkiloose.jpg

2 people with the same suggestion. Can't be wrong. Will sommer start with this stuff now at work :whistling:

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You will have to let me know where these spots are ;)

Wonderboom - You go through the "poort" with hills on either side, make a right turn, pass a KFC and then right again back over the hill.  Normal road surface.  Most northern section on the map.

Tom Jenkins - You will feel as if you've entered a mountainbike race, it's concrete and it's rough especially at the bottom on the 90 degree right turn.  I suspect there might be a few dropped chains here.

You will have to let me know where these spots are ;)

"The spot" where the main break will be decided:

After you turn around on that long N4 route.......It's called the double drags.

It hurts.  A lot.  It's fast.  The wind always blows there.

You'll be able to make it hard enough there to drop most wheel suckers.

Over the top you have a lekker decent with smooth tar and you'll turn left from there towards Wonderboom.  If you can keep the cap here, you'll be away for the rest of the ride.  Wonderboom nek will then have "less pressure" to go up fast.

Just a thought...... :whistling:

"The spot" where the main break will be decided:

After you turn around on that long N4 route.......It's called the double drags.

It hurts.  A lot.  It's fast.  The wind always blows there.

You'll be able to make it hard enough there to drop most wheel suckers.

Over the top you have a lekker decent with smooth tar and you'll turn left from there towards Wonderboom.  If you can keep the cap here, you'll be away for the rest of the ride.  Wonderboom nek will then have "less pressure" to go up fast.

Just a thought...... :whistling:

Lets see how close the vets and tandem race tactics are..........

So just looking at google maps now, on the decent of tom jenkins I see speed bumps. How hectic are they?

I must say, it looks like a decent route and I know google maps is outdated but the roads around the monument don't look to be in bad condition.

Edit:spelling

Why is the race entry not listed on the racetec website yet ?

Maybe because its ASG? Maybe they only release to racetec after the race? I can't remember if satellite was on racetec before the race.

Lets see how close the vets and tandem race tactics are..........

So just looking at google maps now, on the decent of tom jenkins I see speed bumps. How hectic are they?

I must say, it looks like a decent route and I know google maps is outdated but the roads around the monument don't look to be in bad condition.

Edit:spelling

Yeah will have to be careful down past the Union Buildings (after Tom J), speed bumps and a gate track on a steep descent, stick to the centre of road as you leave Union buildings.

Yeah will have to be careful down past the Union Buildings (after Tom J), speed bumps and a gate track on a steep descent, stick to the centre of road as you leave Union buildings.

Ok so you had better stick to the centre because I will be following your wheel, Cos you mos know these roads................. :ph34r:

Tom Jenkins - You will feel as if you've entered a mountainbike race, it's concrete and it's rough especially at the bottom on the 90 degree right turn.  I suspect there might be a few dropped chains here.

~740m, with a 60m ascent:

post-57330-0-84992500-1509705075_thumb.jpg

Notice the first 200 meters.  After that it is alright.

Indeed -  27m for 240m, almost half of the total climb :) 

Indeed -  27m for 240m, almost half of the total climb :) 

Jip, it hits you in the face. Racers and regular cyclist should be okay in the early bunches. However, if you get caught behind some of the less experienced bunches you will most probably be confronted with people stopping infront of you and pushing their bikes.

Highly likely that everyone from BL and later will have to manage the merger of the Medium and Long Route at the Transoranje interchange.

Pretty sure the organisers will inform everyone at the start but people are people and they will forget. Keep your eyes and ears peeled. Lets be safe people. 

Bummer, just collected number and starting in KL  :(

Apart from getting disqualified is it considered a d!@k move to start in a earlier batch than what you were allocated? :ph34r:  

On the other hand there may be so many people just shoved into the later batches that we might be able to form a decent bunch? Maybe that is just wishful thinking.

Archived