Do you get a sram convertor to fit Bb30 ring on GXP crank

Bruce D

Do you get a convertor to fit Bb30 ring on GXP crank?

I doubt it. The axle is thicker on BB30 so your bottom bracket shell has to be specific to accomodate.

Thank Skylark. I bought a Bb30 ring and have GXP cranks. I am converting 2x10 to 1x11 and trying to not having to buy cranks as it didn't come with.

Thank Skylark. I bought a Bb30 ring and have GXP cranks. I am converting 2x10 to 1x11 and trying to not having to buy cranks as it didn't come with.

Can you maybe exchange it from whence it was bought?

If that's not possible I'd at least fit it and check the chain line it may be ok, if it's not I'd put it up in the classifieds to swop for a gxp chainring or just sell it and get the correct ring

I have both and have measured them, they are within 0.5mm of each other.

I have run my BB30 Spider on my GXP and the other way and measured them. All good.

And the chainline is only an problem with you were still going to run 2 x 10. But if you go 1 x 10 or 1x 11 you can use spacers to shim the chainring on the spider.

Do you get a convertor to fit Bb30 ring on GXP crank?

By bb30 Ring, do you mean the spider? Not the chainring?

• 3 months later...

Quick question

I have A sram GX crank which I'm running on A spez boost frame ( BB30 crank)

I want to use A kalbo direct mount oval , now overall boost frames have to use A 3mm offset chainring cause the cassette is 3mm more out broad due to boost , right ?

Kalbo only have A 0mm offset chainring , will running this have A negative affect on my drive train ?

Currentely run A csixx direct mount chainring that has 6mm offset , could this also have  negative effect ? ( i.e. is it actually too far inbroad ?  )

Help please , I've been riding shimano 24mm 104bcd my whole life ....this Sram stufff is new to me 

Archived