Garmin Fenix 5

AllAboutRides

Ok. So um. It turns out it was oil splatters from cooking stuck on the watch. I cleaned it and now it's fine. My wife told me she cleaned it but her definition of clean and my definition of clean are obviously very different.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Due south has 500 off the garmin fenix 5s,5 and 5x...

Take that to cape union who does price match and use discovery card and get extra 10% cash back... bonus if u have discovery miles. Buy e vouchers in cape union website and get a super cheap 5x!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due south has 500 off the garmin fenix 5s,5 and 5x...

Take that to cape union who does price match and use discovery card and get extra 10% cash back... bonus if u have discovery miles. Buy e vouchers in cape union website and get a super cheap 5x!

Or just import it from the EU for 3500 less.

as long as you don't want the 5x as it won't have South African maps.

5 and 5s. Europe is the way to go.

Then add shipping and taxes etc and a delay and a possibility it will never arrive and lastly you don’t get sa maps or sa guarentee.

I ended up paying just under 11 walked out store with watch, sa maps and my guarentee

See below if u order from eu

Ans that is without insurance or a sure thing it wont be stolen...

Edited by Runbikeswim

Then add shipping and taxes etc and a delay and a possibility it will never arrive and lastly you don’t get sa maps or sa guarentee.

I ended up paying just under 11 walked out store with watch, sa maps and my guarentee

See below if u order from eu

Ans that is without insurance or a sure thing it wont be stolen...

I understand your point.

However mine has arrived this weekend all in cost me R10090.

Will get the maps loaded, did the same with my 520.

The EU retailers also offer a warranty.

I understand your point.

However mine has arrived this weekend all in cost me R10090.

Will get the maps loaded, did the same with my 520.

The EU retailers also offer a warranty.

Not bad, but id rather path that 900 and don’t have to post back if there is a issue and a maps issue with upgraded

Not bad, but id rather path that 900 and don’t have to post back if there is a issue and a maps issue with upgraded

If something minor goes wrong i'll sort it out locally (if something is odd it's usually a software thing not a hardware thing)

I might also add I will not be using the maps that often.

Edited by Cav'

Got my Fenix 5 HR and added a tri HR chest band.

The training algorithms are really useful for ensuring I avoid over training and under-training (two things I swing between)

The sleep app is also good to ensure I rest enough

The off device services on a smart phone/internet are very good and helps process the data easier (The website connect interface sucks a bit and is not intuitive)  the phone app is easier to use

The live HR monitor is just a cool app on the watch.  (I even watched myself come down with flu and saw my resting heart rate shoot  up 20bps in a matter of hours

The bluetooth integration with the phone and thereafter to strava makes uploading and downloading data immediate.

The Tri HR band allows for left/right contact time and some other cool data points which helps uinderstand (and maybe correct) some aches and pains while running.

In all this device (with the tri band) practically monitors everything.  The phone app allows you to see and analysis all these data points.  For a gadget nerd and a data addict/ number cruncher it is a must have.  For the intuitive runner it can help prevent going off the rails ito over/under training.

With Multiply points and discounts it can be very affordable, but at 10k from Sportsman's warehouse, you need to be a very very serious athlete to justify the expense

ps it also has real time tracking so your significant other can track you via email updates.  This will improve safety on long rides and runs (but you will need to take your cellphone with you and there must be cell phone reception.

Thanks for all the feedback Paddaman. I am seriously considering getting the 5S.

I had a 3, until a truck ran over it :blush: and then insurance replaced with a 3HR - so was also thinking along those line, worth the upgrade from 3, but not 3HR.

The mapping sounds pretty awesome though, especially if it is something you are going to use often. I think the 3 is quite lacking in that department!

"Truck ran over it" ????.....glad you still have one other 'Wrist' to use the insurance claim on ????????

Thanks for all the feedback Paddaman. I am seriously considering getting the 5S.

I was also considering a 5, but think I'll wait 'till I can get the 935

I was also considering a 5, but think I'll wait 'till I can get the 935

I went from a F3 to a FR920xt Black Addition

????????????????????