[Event] Yzerfontein Cycle Experience 2017

iloveyzer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know what time the two distances are due to start?

can't find a start time.

thanks

"Be ready for start around 7:45" according to the PPA event page - a bit vague. 

thanks.

doesn't really help with planning the morning.  :w00t:

Also enjoyed it although way too much tar i felt. Could become a really great event if there was more jeeptrack. The off road sections were very fast and good fun. A nice barometer of my noobish mprovements over the year since last year.

Thanks to organisers

Did the long route on the cross bike. Loved it. Although I took a hammering on the last keep track back to the start. Will definitely be back. Not as cold as I expected.

Did the long route on the cross bike. Loved it. Although I took a hammering on the last keep track back to the start. Will definitely be back. Not as cold as I expected.

what do you mean? Was it too rocky for the 33mm?

I wondered how a cross bike would handle the sand and rocky patches. It wasnt at all technical but the very little ride i did on a cross a few weeks ago suggested i wouldn't be too comfortable on today's jeep tracks.

Would you ride the cross again next year?

what do you mean? Was it too rocky for the 33mm?

I wondered how a cross bike would handle the sand and rocky patches. It wasnt at all technical but the very little ride i did on a cross a few weeks ago suggested i wouldn't be too comfortable on today's jeep tracks.

Would you ride the cross again next year?

Well a cross bike won the race... well had fastest time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gent with the fastest time started with me in MB. He was flying.

I had 35mm tyres on which worked great especially with the overnight rain. Would definitely do it again on the cross bike. Just need to practice some more on jeep track.

Sitting second wheel hammered my hands as the MTBs rolled over the rocks which bounced me as I saw them too late. 

Two Savages ended up in hospital with collarbones and ulna. Someone road into a tree and we then ploughed into him, going down. Those that finished are writing the report this evening.

There was a Savage pulling A batch along the return lagoon run when the lazy C batchers who didn't want to help pull were still tootling towards the 16mile beach turnaround. Wasn't him who fell?

Two Savages ended up in hospital with collarbones and ulna. Someone road into a tree and we then ploughed into him, going down. Those that finished are writing the report this evening.

Seen the poor guys in the trenches, but good to see they had support until emergency rescue got  there. I was wondering how it happened on such a flat but fast section. Heal up guys and i look forward to the race report. 

There was a Savage pulling A batch along the return lagoon run when the lazy C batchers who didn't want to help pull were still tootling towards the 16mile beach turnaround. Wasn't him who fell?

Kev and waldo did not fall, they came 3rd and 4th. Good day out for the big boys.