Floor Pump

Fork-it

WARNING: Cycling related!Wink

I am planning on buying one for the road bike, but would like to hear some opinions.

What to buy or to avoid?

Where to buy?

Expected price etc.

Pls advise.

What are you planning to do with that pump Confused?

From news24.co.za:

"A five-year-old Cambodian boy is recovering in hospital after his mechanic father inserted an air hose for tyres into his anus and blew him up."

Ek laaik 'n goeie floer pomp.

I've got a Topeak Joe Blow Sport. Very sturdy and tough. Painter bright yellow so youwill not loose it easily.

I've always used Silca pumps (240 psi). Long lasting, never a problem. sorry, can't advise price etc

fiasm2008-05-22 05:34:13

I have had a Silverback and Ryder Floor Pump and they both suck.

The ryders are pretty bad and you don't get spares for them.

Sportman's warehouse sell Giant (the brand not size) and Park Tool pumps.

I broke 2 pumps inflating my tubbies. I usually ride them at 160psi, which is also the max rating of some pumps. (on paper, at least) After the Park pump blew, I decided to get one with a high pressure rating. 

Thanks, I quickly went out to the LBS, they only have Topeak in stock. Mamparra the Topeak Joe Blow Sport looks nice, and yellow, but a bit steep in $$

Thanks' date=' I quickly went out to the LBS, they only have Topeak in stock. Mamparra the Topeak Joe Blow Sport looks nice, and yellow, but a bit steep in $$

[/quote']

Anything below R300 and you will have to buy another soon. You must be able to get spares.

Dont know the price of the Joeblow, the Serfas was around R500. Think it is distrubuted by Probike, so should also be fairly east to get.

Thanks' date=' I quickly went out to the LBS, they only have Topeak in stock. Mamparra the Topeak Joe Blow Sport looks nice, and yellow, but a bit steep in $$

[/quote']

Anything below R300 and you will have to buy another soon. You must be able to get spares.

I'm starting to think in the same direction.

Stupid Q:Embarrassed Does all pumps fit all valves?

Stupid Q:Embarrassed Does all pumps fit all valves?

now this is where price plays a role. The cheap ones youhave to open the head and swop the insides. The Joe Blow has two heads and the more expensive uses "smart" heads and automatically adapts to the head you want to use.

RavX make a very nice dual pressure pump.

Has two settings, HIGH VOLUME & HI PRESSURE.

Once you get to higher pressure, You usually need have some upper body strenght to keep pumping...

With this pump, you just flick a switch and hey "PRESTA" (pun intended...) it pumps up to 15 bar with very little physical effort.

And yes, you do get spares too.