Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

This honestly made me nearly crash in traffic today and I wasn't even driving. call me whatever but this will be the death of him and growth.

Prove me wrong but I really cannot see this as a positive move after he was on basically every teams list.

Kinda p...d off over this move.

I love it...same way I did with Sagan to Bora last year.

Team based in his home region..building a team around him.. they'll get the invites to all the French WT races.

Almost sure he came up through that team.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the confirmation J,

Great news then.

Thanks Gnarly

Apparently for €1.6m.. no idea if that is for the whole contract or annually.[emoji53]

No idea where the Astana talk came from... maybe someone just got their wires crossed?

I've seen that all over the place and judging by a lot of reports Astana were well in the running from first rumors of the big K moving on from the other K.

"Katusha-Alpecin‘s sprinting powerhouse, Alexander Kristoff, may be on the move come the end of the season with Astana rumoured to be the likeliest to sign the Norwegian." cycling news

"He has been linked to a number of teams, with Astana reportedly leading the way to sign him, but Alexander Kristoff is still mulling over his future with his current contract winding down at Katusha-Alpecin." velonews

"Alexander Kristoff seems to be signing for Astana next year,

It's logical that Astana wants Kristoff. Astana doesn't have a main man for the classics afetr the departure of Lars Boom. Lutsenko did finish 3rd in Dwars door Vlaanderen, but it's not enough. Kristoff could also win in non-classic races. By the way Kristoff insists that Morkov will follow his footsteps to his potential new team." Het Neuwsblad

“It is a great opportunity for me to begin a new chapter in my career with a team of huge potential."

Kennaugh

I love it...same way I did with Sagan to Bora last year.

Team based in his home region..building a team around him.. they'll get the invites to all the French WT races.

Almost sure he came up through that team.

Sagan would do well anywhere, he is like a rogue agent. Much like Robbie McE latching onto other teams sprint trains in the day back then.

If his goal is GC in a GT he is in a spot of bother, if he is allowed to hunt stages and ride like he did at the Tour all good. Still don't think this is a good move for his progression.

Happy to be proved wrong. I like him as a rider.

Sagan would do well anywhere, he is like a rogue agent. Much like Robbie McE latching onto other teams sprint trains in the day back then.

If his goal is GC in a GT he is in a spot of bother, if he is allowed to hunt stages and ride like he did at the Tour all good. Still don't think this is a good move for his progression.

I am not entirely sure if GT are his goal..I think more 1 week races and during the GT to have the freedom to go for KOM..

IMO at Sunweb he is one of the few riders who could support Dumoulin.. .so he is tied up there and would have to only work for Tom. Any other move to a big team would result in the same situation.

I agree, also thought its a very strange move for development. 

A team like Bahrain Merida or Astana would have been a much better fit for progression.

Hell, even Sky would've been good for 2 seasons.

Maybe they made him a offer that far more than the other teams and he couldn't refuse.

I agree, also thought its a very strange move for development.

A team like Bahrain Merida or Astana would have been a much better fit for progression.

Hell, even Sky would've been good for 2 seasons.

Maybe they made him a offer that far more than the other teams and he couldn't refuse.

He wants the freedom to ride the way he likes.... and they can offer him that.. which is good, he isn't going to get that anywhere else.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/barguil-signs-for-fortuneo-oscaro/

I am not entirely sure if GT are his goal..I think more 1 week races and during the GT to have the freedom to go for KOM..

IMO at Sunweb he is one of the few riders who could support Dumoulin.. .so he is tied up there and would have to only work for Tom. Any other move to a big team would result in the same situation.

Sure agree on Tom but there plenty other races and 2 other Tours that are IMHO opinion bigger than the Tour.

I hope it works out and doesn't fade away after 2 years. Its more about being given freedom to do as you wish vs proper structure / staff and so forth at Sunweb.

Sure agree on Tom but there plenty other races and 2 other Tours that are IMHO opinion bigger than the Tour.

I hope it works out and doesn't fade away after 2 years. Its more about being given freedom to do as you wish vs proper structure / staff and so forth at Sunweb.

For sure. .he is a great talent and I hope it works out for him.

As much as I loved what Tommy D did and will support him on any race where the Froomedawg isn't in contention, I fear he will be a one Tour wonder as he is more Froome than Froome is, and I cannot see the route being as specific to his needs AND the climbers all getting it as wrong as at the Giro again. And if it is as specifically good for him with less steep hills and more TT, Froome will beat him 9 times out of 10

Edited by Thor Buttox

Julian Alaphilippe confirmed his extension with Quickstep till 2019.

This makes me very happy..

See he is back racing..again..