Conti Attack Force Cracking

IanJ

I bought a set of Attack Force Tyres about 2 months ago and have only used them for racing (about 400-500km).

On Sunday I noticed a crack across the tread of the tyre, I took the tyres back to my LBS where I bought them. The Conti rep looked at them and says it is caused by an impact.

Now I KNOW that I have not hit anything while using them and there is not other sign of cuts or damage around the crack.

Has anyone had problems with these tyres?

I have only used Conti products for the last 4 years but as things stand at the moment I will boycott all Conti products if this is how they support their clients. You don't expect to be treated like that when you spend more on a tyre for your bicycle than you do on your car. Angry

What are other good makes of racing tyres?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I stopped using Contis. Bad service. I'm now on Maxxis. Detonators for training and Xenith for racing.

Had the same problem with Conti mtb tyres. No replacement.... But I still think the GP 4000 is the best road race tyre.

I ws using the GP 4000 but I thought (mistakenly) that the Attack Force was an upgrade.Unhappy

I have still an old pair of 3000's on my bike which are brilliant and virtually indestructable as long as they are kept to max pressure.

They need replacing now and I was going to go with the 4000's.

I have heard recently that they have sidewall problems.

What to do.Maybe Michelins???

Any advice.

BTW I was running Vapour UST on my mtb and everyone convinced me to change to TT's.Worst decision I made.I am going to change back

My 4000's did start to delaminate between the sidewall and tread, again the Conti rep looked at them and said it was fine??? I must admit it didn't get any worse though.

I think the bottom line is that they do not seem to be interested in customer service and are prepared to lose customers.

And tha side wall problem is a pain,  i seviced my hubs and there was so much of that threads wrapped around the axel

Used to ride on GP3000, and got really fed up with the cracking issue, even though they were always replaced free of charge.  Now ride Schwalbe Stelvios and am very happy.

GP4000 are crap!!!   its a down grade on the GP3000

So what are the options?

I need new tyres.Michelins maybe.

I am not a racer but want performance in all weather.Reasonably low rolling resistance and must be tough.

Sorry for the hijack IanJ but I thought I might just jump on board.

And tha side wall problem is a pain' date='  i seviced my hubs and there was so much of that threads wrapped around the axel[/quote']

Now that you mention it I Sonic had those threads around his hub too with GP4000's, I never realised where it had come from.

So what are the options?

I need new tyres.Michelins maybe.

I am not a racer but want performance in all weather.Reasonably low rolling resistance and must be tough.

Sorry for the hijack IanJ but I thought I might just jump on board.

No problem, part of my question was what to use now ?

Team gave me Kendas for the giro and i really like them alot and i did alot of mileage on them,  he only downside is been told they not so good in wet weather but i didnt effect me at all.  

This is a very,very sad topic....as those are Conti's top of the range tyre....It has to be a manufacture's defect. Had something similar on my car with Dunlop SP7000'S......and they subsequently replaced all 4 tyres.....so why Conti won't do it boggles my mind.

As for the the Force/Atteck tyre......I swore by them upto today. Have clocked up in the region of 15000km's on my set and that is without my indoor training......

Excellent wear and grip but then again you'd expect that from R700 tyre hey

Ian, will get the Conti Importers number for you to contact him direct, tell him about crap service from the rep etc, etc...

I understand Ray is a standup guy with stuff like that...

Thanks Cruxie, I have already mailed them the link to this thread, let's see if they care or not.